• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

desserts Pickle Cakes ; P

I'd try it for sure. One of those foods that sounds weird and ends up being killer, or just as bad as you imagined.

I really like vlassics farmers pickles. Great flavor and nice thick slices. http://www.farmersgardenvlasic.com/products/

products_dill_chips.png

i'd wreck that pickle cake for sure. Sounds good to me. 

D3monic is trying to make this pickle cake right now without pickles. Will someone tell him that is called CAKE!

It's still possible we've all been punked. 

D3monic said:
I really like vlassics farmers pickles. Great flavor and nice thick slices. http://www.farmersgardenvlasic.com/products/

products_dill_chips.png

i'd wreck that pickle cake for sure. Sounds good to me. 

I went to the store earlier to get some pickles and I saw those for the first time.  I contemplated buying some along with the pickles that I was already getting.  Then I saw that they had spicy ones as well.  My wife would have freaked if I rolled up with three more jars of pickles.   I would destroy that jar in a couple of days.

The Hot Pepper said:
I'd try it for sure. One of those foods that sounds weird and ends up being killer, or just as bad as you imagined.

If you're a pickle fan (and I know you are) you'll probably like it.  I'll try it again with dill pickles next time and see what the difference is.

I knew it, Iknewit, iknewit.....You made a CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You, Sir, are my new hero. And then, as if that wasn't bomb enough, you garnished with the pickle tuille! Amazballs!

Thank you...so much!...for posting this tonight! You are waaaaay so much fun!

(and I'm making this for Scov's b-day)  ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
The member formerly known as t0mato is now known as p1ckle.

BOOM!

Heall yeeeeah!!!!
Chile Juju said:
I knew it, Iknewit, iknewit.....You made a CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You, Sir, are my new hero. And then, as if that wasn't bomb enough, you garnished with the pickle tuille! Amazballs!

Thank you...so much!...for posting this tonight! You are waaaaay so much fun!

(and I'm making this for Scov's b-day)   ;)

Good idea!!  One thing I would do is add a bit more honey to the cake batter.

Back