marketing Pickle Market inquiry

I love the butthurt pickles - and I don't normally care for a sweet pickle at all.  Love the idea of a pickled cauliflower - would also be very interested in a pickle blend; cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery, cukes (maybe) - sort of a hot pickled giardiniera type thing.  

Something I've never seen - spicy hot dilly beans.  Could be excellent.

SmokenFire said:
I love the butthurt pickles - and I don't normally care for a sweet pickle at all.  Love the idea of a pickled cauliflower - would also be very interested in a pickle blend; cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery, cukes (maybe) - sort of a hot pickled giardiniera type thing.  

dilly beans eh?

SmokenFire said:

Ok

Maybe a hot veggie pickle mix:

Cauliflower
Carrot
Greenbean
Onion
Garlic
Aspasarigus

Dill

Dilly Beans

Spicy veggie mix (What Rymerpt posted without the asparagus :lol: )

I've had a good response to a cold packed picked jalapenos (or habanero) with cauli, oni, garlic, carrot.  It has to stay refrigerated, but that's not an issue for me. 

Good Garlic Pickles are hard to come by
Best Made* Garlic Baby Dills are good eats,great flavor and a bonus of dried chili for a good tingle.
"The Original Beer Pickle" are the best flavor/heat I continue to buy.

Hot pickles are one thing,to hot is another
Make'em to hot and you wont sell very much,TOBP have a good solid hab kick that satisfies the urge to burn but not flame out

SmokenFire said:
I love the butthurt pickles - and I don't normally care for a sweet pickle at all. 

I thought these had no sugars? Maybe the label was wrong or I missed it.

PexPeppers said:
To expand our line we are growing or pickle side a little bigger. Would you guys be interested in spicy gherkin pickles, dill Spears or pickled cauliflower?

Here is our bread and butthurt (bread and butter) pickles

https://www.pexpeppers.com/product/bread-and-butthurt-pickles/

Whole, halves, and spears are good snacks. With spears you can pack more into a jar, but they are not as crunchy as halves or wholes since you get that fleshy triangle bite first instead of the skin. Chips are condiments only. You've got that covered so shoot for a snack angle. You'll also sell more if purely a snack because you go through them faster. Packing more into a jar your customers will appreciate more, so maybe angle for spears, in which case some may use as a hot dog condiment as well. That or halves/wholes, and market one as condiment, one as snack. 

I have had crunchy spears though, from Uncle Bunk's, you may want to check out how they did it. On that note, I am going with spears here. Multi-purpose, pack most into jar.

The Hot Pepper said:

I thought these had no sugars? Maybe the label was wrong or I missed it.

Whole, halves, and spears are good snacks. With spears you can pack more into a jar, but they are not as crunchy as halves or wholes since you get that fleshy triangle bite first instead of the skin. Chips are condiments only. You've got that covered so shoot for a snack angle. You'll also sell more if purely a snack because you go through them faster. Packing more into a jar your customers will appreciate more, so maybe angle for spears, in which case some may use as a hot dog condiment as well. That or halves/wholes, and market one as condiment, one as snack. 

I have had crunchy spears though, from Uncle Bunk's, you may want to check out how they did it. On that note, I am going with spears here. Multi-purpose, pack most into jar.
got my mouth watering. all of you. off to the kitchen i suppose :D

You could add a non-sweet hamburger pickle chip to the lineup as well. I don't like the crinkle cut of some either. Just a nice dill chip, not too thin, not too thick (more on the thick side though for crunch), and cut on the bias so you only need two per burger. That would be nice! And make them mad spicy!

Hamburg-hurt Pickles

:rofl:

Back