• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Pics of my plants!

Hey everyone!

According to my missus today is officially the start of summer here in NZ. In comparison to last year spring this year has been pretty much an extension of winter, apart from a handful of half decent days. Luckily the weather today is pretty sweet, so I thought I might as well take some pics of my plants doing a bit of sunbathing!

Below are a bunch of plants which I will gradually be potting up to larger size pots and grow bags. A good mix of varieties including Rocoto, Scotch Bonnet, Cayenne, Bird, various habs, Bhuts and others.
Chillies.jpg

Here are various chili and bell plants in one of my "grow bins", hopefully I have spaced them enough!If not, then oh well..
Outsidechilis.jpg

And two red hab and a cayenne which I got from a nursery and are currently in isolation due to them having f*$%&$g APHIDS!!!!!!!!!!!... I realized aphids were eventually spoil the party but it is quite an annoyance to have got them from nursery plants.
habsandcayene.jpg

And finally a quick shot of my entire garden, including Tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cucumber, broccoli and other stuff.
Fullgardenshot.jpg

I have to admit, I am intensely jealous of you guys from across the ditch (Aussie!) and other people with awesome growing environments... Here's hoping that we have a long summer in NZ to make up for the crappy conditions so far.

Cheers everyone!

Niiice!

If aphids are all you got from the nursery, consider yourself lucky... I got aphids *and* spider mites (or at least some type of mite)! I just finished spraying with some natrasoap.

Nice TomTom!!! Yeah, all the Aussies on here do have their collective shyte together, but it looks like you aren't doing too bad yourself:lol: Good luck this growing season......hope they give more pods than you know what to do with.

Thanks for the kind feedback everyone! Will post some more pics when things start taking off, and hopefully in 3 or 4 months time I will have some harvest pics to show off!

cheers guys!

quick question for you all. My Scotch Bonnet is about 18cm tall (7inch) but very bushy. For the last month and a half It has been trying to bud like crazy but I have been pinching them off to try and encourage the plant to grow larger. At the moment it has about 20-30 buds on it which are close to flowering. Do you guys think I should pick off this latest bunch of buds or let it finally flower?? My season lasts until about March next year.. I am thinking I will pinch them off because the plant is still not large enough for my liking, plus it is not in its final sized pot/container yet..

Or should I pinch some off and let some flower??

And is there any possibility that a chili plant will give up trying to bud/flower if the buds/flowers are removed too often for its liking????

Any thoughts???

Cheers!

Here is a pic of the plant I am talking about. Kinda looks ready to handle fruit set, but isn't as large as it looks in the pic.

M01A0877.jpg

I love the beds they look great.

I have the exact same problem with my plants, thier around the same size and just constantly produce buds, in between pinching they hardly grow except for the new buds.

I would like to hear the answer from the pro's.

Good luck

Timmmy newbie said:
I love the beds they look great.

I have the exact same problem with my plants, thier around the same size and just constantly produce buds, in between pinching they hardly grow except for the new buds.

I would like to hear the answer from the pro's.

Good luck

Omg same thing happens to me, i pinch and pinch and pinch to no avail!

Maybe it's while the plant is focussing on root growth (eg after repotting)?

LancelBracken said:
Omg same thing happens to me, i pinch and pinch and pinch to no avail!

Maybe it's while the plant is focussing on root growth (eg after repotting)?

Good point mate, I re-potted a few weeks ago so you might be onto something there!

SeeYouJimmy said:
I'm definitely not a pro, but I wouldn't let it fruit yet if it's only 7 inches tall.

Your a wise man! I am anxious to see some flowers but I will give it another pinching

7" is very small for a plant to have fruit isnt it?
I have a few jalapeno plants that are smaller than that and are starting to get buds.
It also has a bad leaf wrinkle going on with the new leaves, which im still trying to solve.

Back