• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Pics of your growing setups

Hey guys I was just wondering if it was not too much trouble, could I get pics of your setups to see how you do it and try to improve mine. Thanks again

Scott:P

I went simple. 3 two bulb 48" T8 fixtures. I've found 6500K lights are best for seedlings. 1 18" X 24" (approx) heating mat. One power strip. One mylar "emergency blanket". The lights hang from large hooks screwed into joists in the basement ceiling. I can adjust the height of the lights.

When I transplanted seedlings into cups I had to use a larger folding table.

I germinated and grew about 80 seedlings with this set up this year.

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

This is my first year growing indoors, so the setup may not be ideal. The tent is growing my plants though, so I can't complain. This will be a year-round home for my plants as I do not have space outside for them. My tent is in my somewhat empty basement:

78051ea3.jpg

It's 8' tall with a 6.5' x 4' floorspace.

1.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

I currently have 2x 150Watt full spectrum CFL's lighting the room and I have a third light ordered for the left side. I am contemplating shelving if these guys expand too much.

So is anybody else here terrified of having your door kicked in by cadre of thugs in black ski masks while you're in bed?

I'd love to get my peppers started early next year but I don't want to wake up with a black boot on my neck and a fully automatic H&K MP5 pointed at my face.

I hate to sound too paranoid but I've actually read similar news stories about this happening to Orchid growers.

So is anybody else here terrified of having your door kicked in by cadre of thugs in black ski masks while you're in bed?

I'd love to get my peppers started early next year but I don't want to wake up with a black boot on my neck and a fully automatic H&K MP5 pointed at my face.

I hate to sound too paranoid but I've actually read similar news stories about this happening to Orchid growers.

I've been asked by family/close friends if I was concerned about that. Living in Colorado (where they recently gave licenses to grow "medicinal" stuff which retails for quite a bit, or so I'm told), I've also heard stories of people who actually grow the medicinal stuff getting burglarized, but to be really honest my recommendation is to don't tell every living soul about your indoor garden. If you tell someone and they tell someone and it spirals out, then there is a strong possibility that someone who is less reputable may get wind and decide to "make some quick cash". Even this may not stop rumors from floating, but anyone who asks me about the garden is told exactly what I am growing (peppers), i.e., much less value that the "medicinal" stuff. Hopefully that information is also being spread... So far I have been left alone.

"So is anybody else here terrified of having your door kicked in by cadre
of thugs in black ski masks while you're in bed?"

sorry to say, but i think this every time i am leaving from the indoor grow supply shop
and everytime i am lugging another bag of ocean forest from the truck to the patio

you know the government robs us everytime we get a paycheck without fail and because we are "used to it"
we do not equate the governments funding practices as the exact same violation of our property taken
by strongarm robbery and it really is the same thing

i guess i will even feel awful giving them my stuff after they stop giving it to illegals and foreign governments :eek:

This is my cheap cheap cheap setup
lightsplants001.jpg

lightsplants004.jpg

The shelf was discarded by my parents.
Got the light fittings off the side of the road on bulk rubbish collection day.
The purple grow tubes were free from my father in law who likes to buy stuff at police siezed property auctions. (They don't sell the drug growing gear anymore because most of it was being bought by the guys who got busted with it to start with :P )
Not in this photo is a $15 fan which blows across the whole shelf.
And I hang black canvas over the whole thing to stop the light from illuminating the window, with that `growing-pot-here` glow.

Oh yeah... cheap. :rofl:

Back