• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

piercing light

I got those lights up and running if you hadn't seen my posts. Problem is I'm in an apt in the upstairs of a house on a busy street. I came home from work and you could see the light piercing through the blinds from a mile away. Lol... I don't feel like having the cops pounding on the door or having someone kick it in looking for goodies. I just put up black garbage bags over the windows on top of the blinds so it didn't look like I'm trying to hide something. You can see a little light sneaking in through the plastic but its so bright in there i can't tell how much will escape when its night time. It will have to go through the bags then the blinds but do you think it will be an eye sore to the outside?

Unless folks can see plants underneath lights, I wouldn't worry too much about it. A bright light behind a blind shouldn't raise too much suspicion...

Unless folks can see plants underneath lights, I wouldn't worry too much about it. A bright light behind a blind shouldn't raise too much suspicion...

True but its the brightest light on the street. Lol... Just has me bothered someone would break in. We live like 4 blocks from the grow store in a drug town and i just figured better safe than sorry.

Hahaha this is exactly what I went through when I set up a hydro system in the living room of my apartment. 400 watts of bright orange HPS light beaming off into space through the cracks in my blinds. I ended up hanging a sheet off the ceiling to block most of the light and put a "no, seriously, its not weed" sign on my grow tent in case the management got curious.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/7681-2009-grow-log/page__st__320#entry182344

A visit from the local constable goes through every one's mind when they start indoor growing. I've had lights set up in my living room and two upstairs bedrooms that light the night sky up! I get a chuckle out of it every time I come home at night. My house looks like a lighthouse beacon to lost ships at times. I don't want a visit from the cops either but I figure since I'm not doing anything illegal if they do stop by I don't have anything to hide. I just hope if they do stop it's during normal business hours.

I think covering it up with a sheet or garbage bag would look even more suspicious. I have my plants in a large 9 foot window in my apartment, and just have the blinds slightly covering them. People can peek inside, see that it isn't weed, and be on their way.

After getting on this I stumbled upon blackout blinds. Thinking about getting them for when the girlfriend is on night shift because you can get them in styles that don't look sketchy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx9kFsEv0BY

Back