• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pigs, Turkeys and other

Parents got a place where wild beasts roam. How does one prevent these predators from Gobbling, pig-out on there seedlings and immature fruits, or even ripe 'uns.
Wild_turkey_eastern_us.jpg
3051097138_edd3099dd7.jpg

They have 72 seedlings to ground, or pot?????????????????????????

Your parents live in the state? Pigs your gonna need a fence. turkeys... thats another problem. they fly... If its in the states i know in some states you can get a permit to hunt or trap certain animals under pest laws.... And im pretty sure most states have open season on boar. if its another place im of no help what so ever....

There are several manufactures that market a spray to be used on those particular pests. The most effective sprays use lead as the main ingredient and go by the brand names Winchester, Browning, and Remington.

And if your more into Having a lover effect on the environment it also comes in Steel or tungsten. :)

pigs can be fenced , turkeys need there wing tips clipped off by someone who knows how, this will prevent them from flying and they can also be cages or fenced, turkeyas need a fences enclosure with a netting over top so they cant get out

that should solve the problems, that is if these animals belong to you other wise see your neighbor about them and let them know that there animals must stay of your property

either that or invite the whole family over for a feast LOL

thanks your friend Joe

Not sure about that! I can check with folks.
would be a good idea dont get in trouble, if you cant hunt them then ask the local authority what can be done

also you can try an american holiday called Thanksgiving,it is on Nov 22 this year but you dont have wait, we eat alot of turkey and ham at that time of year LOL

you could get a few dogs to chase them away that works most times

thanks your friend Joe

There are several manufactures that market a spray to be used on those particular pests. The most effective sprays use lead as the main ingredient and go by the brand names Winchester, Browning, and Remington.
I am thinking A nice pattern spray of #2's or a single dose of 12 ga. slug. Maybe a combo of both the above. We are allowed to get depredation permits here but check you local dept of fish and game. I have some really good pulled pork recipes too!

I'm not sure it will stop pigs and turkeys, but there is a product called something like "Liquid Fence" that is produced from lion urine that supposedly scares most animals away. You could look into it.

And, of course, assuming Korean law is amenable, you have access to firearms, and have the time and aim to be successful, as the above posters have pointed out, guns work pretty well too. :rofl:

Back