Piment D'Espelette Peppers

Hello everyone,

I am recommending the Piment D'Espelette peppers!  I received seeds last year from THP member MarcV.  I grew them out this year.  He sent me seeds from a true Piment D'Espelette rista he acquired in France.  Marc airmailed an envelope from Schoten, Belgium to me in Ventura, CA.  I am very happy to receive these pepper seeds!  At the time Marc offered these seeds he commented, "In my experience true piment d'espelette is not the same as the espelette from the seeds that can be bought from seed sellers on the internet, and I wanted the real thing!"

The peppers are grown in the Basque region of France and they were designated an AOC in 2000.  My palette is not that refined, but I love the flavor which has been described as having peach and sea brine notes.  Grind into paprika-style powder or prepare in meals using the whole pepper.  Powder is the most popular application.  I am going to over-winter the plant I have.  Thanks again to MarcV for sharing the seeds.  Dank je; merci.

Jim

paZngRQl.jpg

I had one from our neighbor last year that lit me up enough I saved seeds from it.  Blocky Fresno type shape, medium width walls, great flavor and respectable heat.  This year's plants are 4' + tall and yielding well.

Excellent pepper, one everyone should try imo. :)

Back