• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pimenta de Neyde?

I planted some Pimenta de Neyde and one is very different from the other. Possibly mixed up seed with purple bhut? or maybe just an accidental cross?

Lx0H1lc.jpg

They start off purple

cg4By7d.jpg

Most full size pods are green/brown though. Have not had a ripe one yet.

7ppi56z.jpg

2MIVYgf.jpg

ZwCYtvL.jpg

Some are more purple than brown but they all are at least half green

GGueJp8.jpg
5h9nEvb.jpg

First time growing them for me and my pods have no green on them.  I am not sure haw you know when they are ripe, from what I read they really do not change color too much.  Where in NJ are you?

Ocean county. I don't know how to tell when true pimenta de neyde's are ripe either. This one has a bunch of green in it though so I figure it will get some red. The three other plants look like what I see when I google pimenta de neyde. Deep purple foliage, pods start purple and stay purple. I haven't gotten any ripe peppers from my garden yet. I figure I'll pick them when I start picking others. There is one other plant that didn't make any pods yet, but its dark purple so I figure it is true to type like the other two. You can see the difference in the first pic of the plant. The one that did not make pods and the other two look like the dark plant in the background. Then there is this thing

Nice.  I am in Monmouth county.  I have started getting some ripe peppers and have lots of pods so far, although I did lose a few branches during that storm yesterday.  

bucdout57 said:
Any updates?? Interesting looking pepper. Hot?? Or mild?? Pm me if you would like to trade seeds. Nice looking plant.

Yeah. Forgot to post. I've had a few ripe peppers off the unknown plant. They turn bright orange before darkening to red. They are HOT. Hotter than my true PDN 

IZoejrj.jpg

tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
This is what my PDN look like. Nice beautiful foliage and all of my pods basically stay that dark color.

Yeah 3 of my 4 PDN look like that. This one I'm assuming got crossed with a bhut. I was not sure if I just mislabeled this plant at first but it looks like nothing else I knew I had seeds for

Back