food Pimintones de Padron with Jalapenos - Chilli Overdose?

I have discovered that padron peppers are NOT the same as Jalapenos.

I love chilli, so last night I used jalapenos to make pimintones de padron. (Fried in smoking hot olive oil for 4-5min and then salted and eaten whole)

I really got my tolerance back last night eating whole jalapenos. Not that jalapenos are the hottest pepper - I have a nice collection of scotch bonnets, habaeros etc growing in the garden, but eaten whole! Phew!

I cooked the same dish as a side again tonight, and my eardrums started pounding profusely!

Has similar ever happed to anyone here - eardrums pounding from mass chilli consumption?

Matt

I have discovered that padron peppers are NOT the same as Jalapenos.

I love chilli, so last night I used jalapenos to make pimintones de padron. (Fried in smoking hot olive oil for 4-5min and then salted and eaten whole)

I really got my tolerance back last night eating whole jalapenos. Not that jalapenos are the hottest pepper - I have a nice collection of scotch bonnets, habaeros etc growing in the garden, but eaten whole! Phew!

I cooked the same dish as a side again tonight, and my eardrums started pounding profusely!

Has similar ever happed to anyone here - eardrums pounding from mass chilli consumption?

Matt

Oh yes it happens to me !
The worms in my brain are banging inside my eardrums trying to crawl out... :rofl: :rofl:

-----------------------------------
:welcome:Greetings from North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]“The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]" [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]

Sounds pretty good! It really isn't too hard to work your way up to eating fresh habaneros and scotch bonnets whole. I imagine that if you continue to hang out here, so will find inspiration. :) Next move up to serranos.

Welcome to the forum!

Back