• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Pinhead white almost silver spots on leaves. Defficiency?

A couple of my plants are getting a few pinhead almost shiney white dots on the odd leaf.
Not a big deal at the moment.
They are well fed with an organic tomatoe feed and chicken poo tea with occasional Epsom Salts.
Could I be missing something out?

Chilidude said:
Check the leaves with a loupe to make sure they are not thrips damage or something like that.
Don't have a glass. But just found they wash off. Licked my fingers and rubbed them. Could that mean a parasite?
If so, I just ate them.

Scorchio said:
Don't have a glass. But just found they wash off. Licked my fingers and rubbed them. Could that mean a parasite?
If so, I just ate them.

Well, if you cant see them well with naked eyes and something is still doing a damage to the leaves, it could mean you have some lovely spidermites attacking your plants.

Chilidude said:
Well, if you cant see them well with naked eyes and something is still doing a damage to the leaves, it could mean you have some lovely spidermites attacking your plants.
Well it's definately something. Seems to confine itself to the odd leaf.
Had spider mite before, the little devils. Not them.
Smudges like a powder when rubbed.

First time posting a pic here if it works.
Washed it off most leaves now but here's one I missed.
The others were much more covered.
Hope this works.
Like I said, it washes off like a powder. Wish I'd taken a pic of the worst leaves.
Was just curious about it. If I was doing something wrong.

Attachments

• 20180623_142012.jpg
    20180623_142012.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180623_143450.jpg
    20180623_143450.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 47
If it's a pest, could be several things. Wooly aphids, mealybugs and whiteflies come to mind. All of them leave white powdery residue. Probably not a disease like powdery mildew. Look around for pests or pest damage.

Sure doesn't look like there's a critter attached there.  Whitefly typically attack the underside of a leaf.  What's that look like?

bongcloud said:
If it's a pest, could be several things. Wooly aphids, mealybugs and whiteflies come to mind. All of them leave white powdery residue. Probably not a disease like powdery mildew. Look around for pests or pest damage.
Yes thanks. Just found half a dozen on a Moruga leaf. I do need a magnifier cos whatever it is is half a pinhead or less.
Closer looks tell me they are on a lot of plants. Aphid I think.
I've a product called bug clear for this and going to blitz them.

solid7 said:
Sure doesn't look like there's a critter attached there.  Whitefly typically attack the underside of a leaf.  What's that look like?
Hi, Can't get any closer with my tablet without putting it in shade.
They are bright white almost shiney. Not on all leaves just a few. I washed it or them off before being asked for pics. They came off easily. I thought they were in the leaf but no.
Seamed to smudge as it came off like a powder.
Not life threatening but as I'm new and learning I just wondered what it is.

Chilidude said:
Are you sure that is not dried up salt flakes from some fertilizer or something?
I take your point but have not been spraying.
Am now wondering about how damp in the greenhouse it is in the mornings.

Scorchio said:
I take your point but have not been spraying.
Am now wondering about how damp in the greenhouse it is in the mornings.

I dont think that is any pest damage, it is just some stuff that have dried up on the leaves so dont use any chemicals for now when it is not even needed.

Back