• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Pizza!

I finally got enough cayenne's off my plant to make it worthwhile firing up the dehydrator with the intent of making some flakes. So that means some homemade pizza tonight. Cheated and used a store bought crust, added sauce, onions, pepperoni and some sliced Bahamian goat and Scotch bonnet peppers. Add cheese, cook til done and add pepper flakes.
Quick shot before adding cheese-
20131029_184955.jpg

More pics to come after it's finished cooking. 

Damn that was good! Goats, bonnets and flakes really kicked the flavour up a notch (or 3!). Not much added heat as I had to de-seed and remove most of the placenta so it wasn't too hot for the wife, but wasn't looking for the heat so much as more looking for the flavour. And they definitely provided. Will definitely be making this again!
The finished product (or what was left. Obligatory side of garlic bread missing). Kickarse breakfast in the morning coming up for me-
20131029_193203.jpg

howardsnm1 said:
looks good
send me a slice
Wish I could. Thought I'd have some left over, but seems like it'll all be gone by the end of the night lol
ArkansasJack said:
That looks better then pizza hut by a million miles..................
Definitely better than Pizza Hut. Me and my wife do like slacking off every now and then and getting either Domino's or Pizza Hut, but nothing better than making it yourself and customizing it to your own tastes. 

bonnets are a perfect pepper, it is really hard to go wrong with them on any food. they are not stupid hot and they have that unique flavour and sweetness. rocoto is similar, though different in flavour, they have that unique taste and flavour that you can just put on any food and it will taste great.

good job on your pizza.

No skimping on the "roni"..........thats how one of my son's like it.......loaded.

That appears to be a deli style Pepperoni which is larger and leaner than the standard pizza pep that fattier and becomes greasy at high temps. I like both types....and lots of them especially if I have a full pitcher of beer in front of me...............nice looking slicers........store bought dough or not !

Thanks guys. The bonnets and goats really set this one apart from one's I've made in the past. Last one I made I used choco habs and CGN 21500's, and while that was great too, I found I didn't really care for the habs, though the CGN's were great! So this one is definitely my fave so far, and I still have a buttload of peppers in the freezer to experiment with. Might do the next one with some bhut's on one half for me, and hab level or lower peppers on the other half for my wife. 

Back