food Pizzaeze- great pizza starts with the toppings and vinegar

On the same topic as the Picklese thread, my son and I were talking about how everything just tastes better in vinegar. Especially quite a few pizza toppings that we use every week, so we decided why not combine them all, let their flavors all meld and just have one jar to pull out of the fridge when making pizza, or anything else you would put pickled peppers on.

We started with a 1/2 eaten jar of hot banana peppers, we added quite a few jalapenos, Serranos and a couple of finely diced red Bhuts to kick up the heat level a little. Added more vinegar to fill the bottle and into the fridge it goes. We'll pull it out on Friday when we make pizza and see if everything truly isn't better with vinegar. :D

IMAG0788.jpg

As a side note, I bet those Bhuts make some spicy banana peppers and jalapenos. :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

Got damn it. I too fell for the trap of pizza acceptance. I see pizza title and and get ready for pizza time.

However. I bet that stuff would be quite delicious

Now you're in debt Jeff H and some pickled pepper pizza is owed

I'll "save" this thread. ;-) Here's some homemade Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Pizza with some added Heartbreaking Dawns 1498 Cauterizer hot sauce. Om nom nom!

309761_10150551576193572_441252740_n.jpg

Okay, Okay, I'll save my own thread on Friday when I make the weekly pizza and we'll all see how this concoction turned out. In the mean time, I've changed the tread title as to not draw in any more unsuspecting people. :banghead: :banghead:

Hmmm, I have some habs and Thai hot peppers that might get added to the mix for next week. They probably are great with vinegar. :D

:lol: I thought they lined up "other" things on the first row or does that then become a sausage fest ? I've never been able to get that close either :liar:

Here you go Blues:

Before cheese so you can see the hot peppers, sausage and other toppings.

IMAG0799.jpg

And straight out of the oven:
IMAG0800.jpg

The pickled toppings had a very good flavor and the heat from the Bhuts was subdued to a manageable and enjoyable burn when you bit into the diced up bits. The pizza overall was really zesty, but not what I would consider really hot. Very enjoyable though, it seems like everything is better with vinegar.

I have some red jalapenos habs, and some hot thai peppers that I will be adding to the medley now that there is room in the jar (and maybe another bhut :shh: )

Now Jeff around here we call that hot blue and righteous!

That's some scheezey hotness.

Just like we like to be liking it.

Well done.

Great looking za!

Meat rack is the border of the stage and right in front of the first row of seating and where ever body lines up their dollah' bills. Least that's what I heard.

That first row is known as "sniffer's row" around here. I'm not really sure why though...

:whistle:

Back