• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

powder-flake Placenta Powder

When I remove seeds from the peppers I occasionally tear out some placenta too. After the seeds dry I remove them from the placenta. I didn't want to just toss the extra placenta away so I kept it hoping I would find something to do with it. I finally did.

IMG_6598are.jpg

It has this wonderfully sweet peppery tropical fruity smell that is just amazing. You can taste it too for the first few seconds. Then it gets ugly. Talk about an all over burn. From the lips to the baccamathroat nothing is spared.

I'd say 75% Bhut Jolokia placenta with the remaining 25% coming from T. scorp, 7 Pot, Fatalii, Adalberto Hab, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, Thai Hot, Naga Morich, Inca Berry, Cumari ou Passarinho, Red Caribbean, Scotch Bonnet, Congo Trinidad and Red Savina.

putting it all to use. nice. i wouldn't have guessed you'd get that kind of flavoring out of it either. something to keep in mind (cautiously).

You're getting the hottest part of each pepper there. Kind of a Private Reserve version of your powder! Good show.

VERY cool. How about tossing in a small sample of that stuff in the SASBE you're sending for the seeds? :) I'd love to try it. Cool idea.

How many pods did it take to get that amount? Are seeds ground up too?

Chris

Gloved and occasionally double gloved fingers.

I'd guess about 500 peppers made this much powder.

Here's how it starts. I cut the peppers in half before going into the dehydrator. I'll remove the bulk of the seeds. Let them dry out for a few days then the seeds just roll off, takes only a few minutes to do a pile like this. You're left over with placenta. Let it continue to dry for a couple more days then into the grinder it goes.

IMG_6619re.jpg

There may be one or two seeds in this powder but that's it.

You got it Chris.

I'm with Smariotti...

Has anyone got the guts to lay out a line of Patricks Placenta Powder (from now on called PPP), snort it with a rolled up one hundred dollar bill while filming actually snorting it and post it on Utube ?

not I, I assure you...

snorting anything not a good idea.

making placenta powder.. yeah a good idea. eating it even better, accidentily putting it in an unsuspecting foes food great!
goodeats pat! u r tha powder pimp:lol:

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
AJ they really do this in South America, mix chile powder in with their white powder and snort it. I forget the name they use for the mixture but I hope they use some pretty mild peppers. Good looking PPP.

Edit - They call this mixture the "pink fix".

Here is the link.

http://www.fiery-foods.com/index.ph...diction&catid=84:chiles-and-health&Itemid=151

Wow, that's horrifying. The pain must be unbelievable. I can't imagine what that must be like. Granted, cocaine is a numbing agent, right? So maybe it's not that bad, but still...

I've had a little placenta juice on a finger before after picking seeds out of some super hots and accidentally gone up there to clean house. I regretted that for half an hour while pacing around the house and loudly extolling the virtues of kleenex.

Back