• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Plant bags - Where to buy

Hi all, I am going to plant in bags this year and was hoping you guys would point me to a good place. I've loked around ebay and the 20l bags are a few $ each, but I hear that is too ecpensivem and I really agree that this is the case. Any tips on good spots to get 50 or so bags on the cheap?

dday said:
Hi all, I am going to plant in bags this year and was hoping you guys would point me to a good place. I've loked around ebay and the 20l bags are a few $ each, but I hear that is too ecpensivem and I really agree that this is the case. Any tips on good spots to get 50 or so bags on the cheap?

Just use grocery fabric bags.. i'm sure they are all over Europe and cheap?  Maybe Edeka has them?

Ask this guy:

I get cheap plastic 7 gallon pots for 2.99 each locally. Anything bags online and cheaper? I wasn't sure of gallon size of the ones linked at beginning

OSUPepperGuy said:
I get cheap plastic 7 gallon pots for 2.99 each locally. Anything bags online and cheaper? I wasn't sure of gallon size of the ones linked at beginning
30cm high x 25cm wide = 4 gallon
40cm high x 35cm wide = 10 gallon

zumajoe said:
Just use grocery fabric bags.. i'm sure they are all over Europe and cheap?  Maybe Edeka has them?

I went to the Aldi and they had what looks to be 15L shopping bags with a flat bottom I can use for 0.69Euro each. Great deal. I bought everything they had which worked out to be only 20, so I will have to go back for more.

I wonder about the chemicals used to dye them and create them though. They seem like cloth but I expect they are some sort of recycled plastic/polyester type bag.

I'm going to just stick them in the washer on gentle and see what happens. I'd hate to grow chemical laden chilis!

Back