• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plant ID still questionable?

Do all baccatums have flowers with spots or, put another way, do any baccatums have white flowers?

The reason I ask is the plant that was identified as a Lemon Drop has white flowers exactly like my Fataliis.

Silver_Surfer said:
Do all baccatums have flowers with spots or, put another way, do any baccatums have white flowers?

The reason I ask is the plant that was identified as a Lemon Drop has white flowers exactly like my Fataliis.

Yes there are baccatums with white flowers.

Does it have no white spots at all? SOrry think I misread the question. When you say this..
Silver_Surfer said:
do any baccatums have white flowers?
do you mean JUST white flowers?

Silver_Surfer said:

My lemon drop had green spots on the flowers. can't speak for all baccatums though.
Do you have multiple buds per node?

If its all white then its probably the C. chinense version, the Limon

http://www.thechileman.org/guide_species.php
"The baccatum species is generally distinguished from the other species by the yellow or tan spots on the corollas (on the flowers) and by the yellow anthers. Many of the baccatum species are tall growing, often reaching 5 feet in height and pods are usually erect and become pendant as they mature."

wurge said:
do you mean JUST white flowers?

Yes, plain white.

caroltlw said:
My lemon drop had green spots on the flowers. can't speak for all baccatums though.
Do you have multiple buds per node?

Yes, multiple buds and peppers per node and no green spots on the all white flowers.

POTAWIE said:
If its all white then its probably the C. chinense version, the Limon

http://www.thechileman.org/guide_species.php
"The baccatum species is generally distinguished from the other species by the yellow or tan spots on the corollas (on the flowers) and by the yellow anthers. Many of the baccatum species are tall growing, often reaching 5 feet in height and pods are usually erect and become pendant as they mature."

The pods are pendant and turn from green to yellow then to a golden orangish color when ripe.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll post more pics when I have some ripe pods.

Back