• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Plant looks diseased and won’t grow like the rest

I have a plant that look’s diseased and deformed but I cannot identify with/by what. Was started as a seedling with the rest of the plants but does not look healthy at all. Is it worth trying to save or just replace it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 91
What kind of pepper is that supposed to be? The condition looks like it could be virus-like syndrome, which can result from a chinense (mother) x annuum (father) hybridization. Or possibly an actual virus. Not sure, but not feeling good about that one. I'd probably remove it from my planter and either toss it or keep it in a container until I was certain it wasn't a risk.

What kind of pepper is that supposed to be? The condition looks like it could be virus-like syndrome, which can result from a chinense (mother) x annuum (father) hybridization. Or possibly an actual virus. Not sure, but not feeling good about that one. I'd probably remove it from my planter and either toss it or keep it in a container until I was certain it wasn't a risk.
Unfortunately my daughter and her friend mixed them up on me before they were in their permanent planters. But it will be either a Carolina reaper, ghost pepper, habanero, purple cayenne or red cayenne.

Unfortunately my daughter and her friend mixed them up on me before they were in their permanent planters. But it will be either a Carolina reaper, ghost pepper, habanero, purple cayenne or red cayenne.
So, since some of those are chinense, it could be VLS. Then again, it could be an actual virus. If it's VLS there's no point in keeping it as it's going nowhere. If it's a virus, then it presents a greater risk. I can't be sure it's one of the two, but if there's a chance of virus I'd dig it out and toss it along with the small space of dirt around it - being careful to be sanitary with tools and such not to spread the virus if there is one.

So, since some of those are chinense, it could be VLS. Then again, it could be an actual virus. If it's VLS there's no point in keeping it as it's going nowhere. If it's a virus, then it presents a greater risk. I can't be sure it's one of the two, but if there's a chance of virus I'd dig it out and toss it along with the small space of dirt around it - being careful to be sanitary with tools and such not to spread the virus if there is one.
Thank you very much for the info , I shall be removing that plant and it’s surrounding soil. So chances are no point in keeping it around and should just dispose of it

Back