• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plant/pod ID???

Bought this plant off of Amazon back at the beginning of June. Was listed as Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet.

What cha thinks???

sb004.jpg

sb001.jpg

Here are the pods...

sb002u.jpg

sb003.jpg

yep! thats it. i grew those a few times. good strain. the only drawback is during high winds the pods would spin like a top and rip off the plant. other than that they taste good and not to hot. the red ones are good too.

kinda looks like mushroom peppers to me, but there are scotch bonnets that do look like that. both taste pretty good from what I hear.

both are of caribbean in origin.

yep! thats it. i grew those a few times. good strain. the only drawback is during high winds the pods would spin like a top and rip off the plant. other than that they taste good and not to hot. the red ones are good too.

The plant to the right is supposed to be a Red bonnet... I am finding out fast that what is said to be and what is...well :crazy: some people will say anything to make a sale!

kinda looks like mushroom peppers to me, but there are scotch bonnets that do look like that. both taste pretty good from what I hear.

I was thinking bishops crown from other pod pics... anyway, at least its not a sweet pepper(fingers crossed) like my Caribbean Red Habanero :rofl:

I agree with Franz. The pepper looks like a yellow mushroom pepper which is cap. annum. Not the typical jamaican yellow scotch bonnet which is chinense. Your plant is definatly an annum and not chinense judging by the leaf shape. Its a nice variety from what i hear.

I agree with Franz. The pepper looks like a yellow mushroom pepper which is cap. annum. Not the typical jamaican yellow scotch bonnet which is chinense. Your plant is definatly an annum and not chinense judging by the leaf shape. Its a nice variety from what i hear.

Thanks! I was going to overwinter but not if its not a true SB.

Its an annuum type "Scotch bonnet" which is really a mushroom or squash variety and not a Scotch bonnet at all.

The confusion is in the shape of the pod, and nieve sellers. I don't think sellers are even trying to scam you, they just don't know any better especially when these look more bonnet shaped than most real bonnets

Its an annuum type "Scotch bonnet" which is really a mushroom or squash variety and not a Scotch bonnet at all.

The confusion is in the shape of the pod, and nieve sellers. I don't think sellers are even trying to scam you, they just don't know any better especially when these look more bonnet shaped than most real bonnets

Thanks! I can understand that :) There are other reasons for my comments, but that would take us into a whole new thread entitled customer service and truth in product :rofl:

Back