• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun Plant Sun/Shade Requirements?

Does anyone else get confused about what your plant requirements are? If you google it online, you'll find tons of different answers.

For example, I've seen some mention that a Tepin should be grown in partial shade. Where as others say full-sun. I've seen the same with Tabasco too. Does anyone have a link to a reliable source to find out what your plant requirements are?

Just in case someone knows the answers and wants to share, here are my plants this year:
  • Tepin
  • Tabasco
  • Zimbabwe Bird Pepper
  • Bhut Jolokia
  • Devil's Tongue
  • Trinidad Scorpion
  • Goat's Weed
  • Manzano Pepper
  • Jamaican Hot Chocolate
  • Cayenne
Thank you for any advice or guidance, I really appreciate it. :)

Im not an expert but I try to do all my peppers full sun, and My Manzano Peppers Love it, they grow like weeds with 10 hours of sun, and Here in Cali as you can see, its pretty hot even for spring

Try your self and see what happens

Im not an expert but I try to do all my peppers full sun, and My Manzano Peppers Love it, they grow like weeds with 10 hours of sun, and Here in Cali as you can see, its pretty hot even for spring

Try your self and see what happens

Thanks Orozconleche, appreciate the feedback.

Sorry all, I just noticed that there was similar thread. I didn't do my research like I normally do. Please disregard this thread.

Here is the similar thread: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/30074-full-sun-or-partial-sun/page__hl__%22full+sun%22

Back