• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

sun Plant wasn't hardened well/got some pretty bad sunburn

HwyBill

Banned
I think the plant will survive since it is pretty strong, but I take it those leaves are dunzo for good?

Just gonna have to wait for new growth to be healthy?

Yeah, no reversal on sun scalded leaves.

It's a good idea to snip the damaged ones too. No use in letting the plant put any energy into 'em.

Yup, I've had the same issue a little bit this year. I try to always put them out before a day or two of overcast weather and/or some light rain. The weather channel screwed me on this last batch that went out and I saw a bit of leaf "whiting". Nonetheless, it was only a couple lower leaves and they always spring back within a few days. Generally, I remove the affected leaves after the rest starts growing again. I did notice that if I soak the growth media outside with some nutrients higher in phosphorus and potassium (I use a 7-13-28 that I make), it lessens this effect.

Good luck, sun-scald sucks!

Yeah, no reversal on sun scalded leaves.

It's a good idea to snip the damaged ones too. No use in letting the plant put any energy into 'em.

what if its those baby leaves that the plant feeds off? those got burned on one of my seedlings, it only has 1 true leaf but it looks fine.

Back