• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Planted

So, a while ago I had planted some Afghan Long peppers and they did not grow. The soil kept getting too hard. Just about rock hard. I found a new source of soil and it is way better. It's softer and looks like it will be better all around for the peppers. I was able to help them germinate and got them planted 2 days ago. Hopefully soon I will see some sprouts. I will keep you updated with what happens. Oh, I built a makeshift little green house to help it out some. I used a cardboard box that I cut off the top of. I used plastic for the top and made a little door on one of the sides so that way I don't have to mess with the plastic. It stays pretty warm inside and I can tell it helps keep some moisture in because it is humid in the greenhouse compared to the outside temp and humidity.

Sorry, I just realized this should go in Glogs. But I am not sure how to move it.

Good luck on your forthcoming grow... it sounds like you are on the right track this time.

I won't get into proportions, as I don't mix my own soil and others would be better sources of that sort of information that I.  I just use store bought potting soil.

Sometimes I will amend my soil with a little perlite to keep the material from becoming so compact, and if you have access to them, my dad usually throws a couple hundred earthworms into the bed to promote aeration.  I think he pays something like 50 bucks to have a box of 500 live worms shipped to him.  Also, when we till for our in ground plants, we mix in some sand, since our garden soil has a high percentage of highly packed clay.

Back