• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Plantnap?

Today a horrible thing happened. Someone (I have a good idea who) stole my pineapple and my 3 year old century plant! I had these plants on the grass between the sidewalk and the road. I have had no problem with them being there. They were there for about half a year and no one has ever asked to take them(A lot of people have asked were to get them or how to get there own. Also they were in 7 gallon pots that were not an ordinary cheep ceramic pot). About a week and a half ago (around 9:30 pm a very weird time to knock on someones door.) an old woman asked if she could take them because they looked like they were free.I said that she could not take them and they have been there for half a year and I have had no problem. Then she said ok, I just wanted them and they looked free and left. I closed the door thinking how odd that was and told my mom what happened. The next day I decided to move them into our driveway (the reason I had them out there was because there was no room in our walkway and no light enters our backyard) so there would be no question if they were free or not. Then a week and a half passed and now it is 9/8/2018 and I walk outside to water and realize they are no longer there! I asked my dad if he moved them, because he moves plants to do yard work, and he said no. So this means they were stolen. My first thought is the lady but I am unsure. Also I have no clue where she lives but she did say she lived about a mile way. This infuriated me because I said she could not have them, and she had to walk almost all the way around the house to get them. That is what made me mad.

So my question is how many of you guys have had a plant stolen and what plant it was.

Yes, it's happened to me in a Community Garden.  An Inca Red Drop.  They pulled the entire plant out of the ground, just when I was getting ready to harvest.  That plant was 4 feet across and just loaded with peppers.  They must have dropped a garbage bag over it when they yanked it, as they left no evidence behind, NOT ONE PEPPER.  Just a hole in the ground.

aliens.png

yes it happened to us in the past. my wife has a really green thumb and has hanging baskets and planters on and around the back porch every year. a few years back she grew a coleus  plant in a 3 or 4 gallon square planter and overall height with planter it was 3,5 foot tall and absolutely gorgeous. really bright vibrant colors. she decided it would look fantastic out on the front porch. we live on a busy street and the porch is only 25 feet from the sidewalk and street. it was there for maybe a week and one morning it was gone. i imagine some guy saw it and figured he could make some points with his wife/girlfriend bringing this beautiful plant to her. 

sorry you lost your plants. 

Back