Plants droop at night.

As stated, my plants are fine in the daytime and the droop at night.

My climate is a bit hot and humid. Other than that plants are ok, recovering from a little fert burn. is this normal?

ive never in my life seen any kind of plant look worse at night than in the day time?     your climant must be crazy!

are you sure they are dropping at night,or are they still drooping from the day?  maybe they need water? are they in buckets?

It's not a water issue, they were watered yesterday, and they have been drooping like this for a few days now.

Here is a pic. 

null_zps66fc4174.jpg

null_zpsf0866eb1.jpg

Your in Panama ... I'm in South Florida

Basically the same weather right now. My young pepper plants droop at night too, but are ok in the daytime.

Perfectly normal in my opinion. Not to worry as long as they appear to be healthy.

BTW ... I have some young Thai basil plants that droop even more at night.

:cool:

Turbota said:
Your in Panama ... I'm in South Florida

Basically the same weather right now. My young pepper plants droop at night too, but are ok in the daytime.

Perfectly normal in my opinion. Not to worry as long as they appear to be healthy.

BTW ... I have some young Thai basil plants that droop even more at night.

:cool:

Thanks guys, 

Its strange it looks like they are wilting so got a bit scared.

it's very hot and very humid where i am.

my plants wilt during the day and ive found that even if you water them at night, they wont perk back up until the following day when theres a bit of sunshine on them

My 7-pot do this, too.  Now that it's older, even the tips of its branches bend down at night.  It doesn't go limp; it just bends a little, and straightens out again the next morning.  Some plants are well known for moving their leaves at night, so I don't worry about it.

Been very wet hot and humid hear in east Tennessee mine do the same thing right after the sun goes down they droop like that back to normal by morning though it was strange my self.

Jason

Back