• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Plants Not Budding

Hi there again.  I am back in again for a while so will be able to come here and visit again.  :P   Anyways, as stated in my last visit, I am not having a very good year this year, but after returning home from a holiday, I find my plants doing better than they were.  Only some though.  All the ones in my raised bed are doing very well.  I have many buds coming off of those plants, many flowers, and a few tiny pods.  This is better than my last post, as I was worried.  Also these plants were all topped, and it was my first year doing this.  They are not very high, BUT, very bushy.  Now on to the main garden.  The plants there are not doing as well.  Only a handful of buds and flowers combined, not as bushy or big as the others.  I have my beliefs that this is due to not fertilizing them at an earlier age.  Last year, I started indoors a bit late and used ferts every couple of waterings.  This year, I started earlier, and they took off very well that I decided to not fertilize them as I believed that they would not survive the wait till in ground planting.  The ones in the raised bed are fertilized, twice since planting.  Would it really make that much of a difference by fertilizing them.  Also, would it be too late to fertilize them up here in zone 3 this year and still get production?  Thank you.

Ok, thank you.  I am just worried as I do have a short growing season here.  Usually, but it has been abnormally hot here the last 3 plus weeks.  This may also be a contributing factor I guess. 

Back