• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plants not growing

Hi,
i have a few plants that are not growing at all since february. they have plenty of sunlight and I fertilize them every week. What can i do?

Hi,
i have a few plants that are not growing at all since february. they have plenty of sunlight and I fertilize them every week. What can i do?

Newt Lock? PH is off?

Sounds like your plants aren't getting the ferts. could it be that over fertilizing them is locking them up? Also what is the PH of your soil? that can also prevent the distribution of newts to your plant.

This is what I would do... if in pots, I would make sure they can drain well and the I would Flush soil with neutral PH water. Depending on what kind of Fertilizer you are using you can be building up salts in your soil. The salt build up can lock out the newts from your plant.

Hey, I have the same issue right now with 2 jalapeno that were from a different source. they are the only two that will not grow.

You should maybe repot them in some fresh potting mix and water lightly.

How big are the plants? What is the strength of the fertz? How often are you foliar feeding? What size pots are they in? To me it sounds like you have over fertilized them for sure.

Foliar feeding and fertz every week. Sounds like too much. If the PH is off, even if the nutrients are present, the plants won't be able to use them. As well, are they outside or in a window?

I would take the plants out of their current pot, rinse off the roots. Re pot in some new potting mix. I think you will see some improvement.

like all these guys have said, could be over watering/feeding. you should re pot the plants. pull the plant out and actually rinse the all the soil off the roots and pot it into new home water it in. aand dont water it again till the leaves wilt.

so, if you are foliar misting, then we have to put everything into perspective because PH imbalance should have nothing to due with PH as foliar would be ingesting directly through the leaves and not the roots. that is unless your water is so far off on the PH level that even foliar ingesting is halted.

as 3/5 says, how about your roots? have they over reached the capacity of the containers. i just repotted several plants that had no more room to grow. the foliage was small but their rootage was large.

good luck, i hope you find the correct solution.

Back