Pleading for my peppers to ripen

We have had warmer than average temperatures here in August and September which is exactly what I hoped for in the spring, unfortunately my superhot pods are still small.  I do have some fatali's though, and they have been around for a while but they are still very green with no sign of color change.  Even my thai's, and cayennes are still green.  What's up?  Do I need some colder temps to kick start the ripening?
How long do fatali's take to change color after they stop growing in size?  Last year a frost had already hit at this time.

I do plan on moving some stuff indoors and I have some plant's that will potentially be adopted, and if they survive I may get a pod or two kicked back.

I am definitely starting in december and maybe even november this year.

When it starts getting a bit colder, they will ripen a little bit faster. Starting in November maybe a good idea; I have a ghost scorpion that was planted on New Years and it STILL hasn't given a ripe pepper. It has a few growing, but nothing ready yet. Alternatively, if you're worried about the cold you could throw a blanket over the roots for the night, worked well enough for me to sprout douglahs in 50 degrees(inside temp), so it should be able to keep a fatali alive. As for the ripening time i'd give it three months, plus or minus a few weeks

Back