• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Please help ID purple pepper

Hey everyone - I just joined the forum today but have been reading for a few months. I have an unidentified plant and none of my seeds I've the grown the past 3 years are even close to this one. These aren't the best pics, but the pods are small and stubby, very dark purple and I would describe the shape as a mix of habanero and a flat bottom like a bell pepper on some of them, but really small and smooth. My taste buds are ruined from eating super hots but the heat level seems to be hotter than jalapeno but not as much as habanero. The leaves are super dark purple with just a bit of green around the veins and I think the flowers are off white with purple in them. The 2nd pic shows a sample of an average sized pod and leaf - none of them are getting bigger than that.

Untitled-1_zpse7d21e81.jpg

birdfather said:
purple jalapeno?

I am growing purple jalapenos this year and that's what I thought it was, but all my other plants have 99% green leaves, typical jalapeno pod shape and size, and less heat. How could this plant be completely different from the other purple Js?

Thanks for the info - it's a cool looking plant, so I'll definitely be saving seeds from it and trying them inside under lights. I'll also do a taste comparison with the other PJs and plant a few seeds from that original seed pack again.

Back