• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Please help with pest identification

Hi everyone, can you please help me ? I found these on my over-wintering plants, they are full of it :(

I know that the bigger and round ones are aphids, I wonder what are the other ones - the white, horse-like pests ? They don't move much.

How to get rid of them ? Plants do not have pods yet.

detail_list.jpg

they are ghost aphids...................... it is the old skin that was cast off from existing aphids as they grow.
so, if you look at the under side of the leaves above the existing graveyard leaf you may find a whole bunch more live aphids.
good luck, Trounce, if you can get it does wonders in ridding your plant of aphids.

I believe the white things that don't move much are actually the shed exoskeletons of the aphids. I always see them anywhere I have an aphid infestation.

*darn, beaten to the punch by mere seconds* :surprised:

Thanx all !!

I never thought of those white things as a shed of an Aphid, but now it all makes sense. I was so far quite lucky to not have Aphids around so very little experience with these ( not like with Whiteflies which arrive every spring :( ) but now I know what to do :) :flamethrower:

Ack every forum I go to has crazy pictures of aphids I have never seen! Nightmares! :shocked: Good thing my lady bugs arrive next week. That will make me more comfortable. Seriously lady bugs work wonders on them!

Back