Pod size

I am starting to notice a pattern with My Habs & Bonnets. I am finding that the bigger pods grow where there is less foliage and where the foliage is fairly dense the pods seem to be rather small.

Could it be that the pods also require UV to grow?? This would make sense given the smaller pods are getting less light.

Also is it normal for to have a few softer fleshed, pimply, rubbery feeling Hab pods?

I am starting to notice a pattern with My Habs & Bonnets. I am finding that the bigger pods grow where there is less foliage and where the foliage is fairly dense the pods seem to be rather small.

Could it be that the pods also require UV to grow?? This would make sense given the smaller pods are getting less light.

Also is it normal for to have a few softer fleshed, pimply, rubbery feeling Hab pods?
Not sure what's causing some of yours to be larger and others smaller, but I don't think it has to do with the amount of light they're getting. I have a monsterous Anaheim that I didn't even realize was there until I moved a few leaves and branches out of the way that were shading it completely. Perhaps it has to do with room for growth.

This only seems to be the case with my chinense peppers as the others are fine. I also have Apaches, Cheyennes, and Jalapeños growing.

My plants have plenty of space between them so i doubt its growth room.

Back