trade Pod Trade?

Hey all,

I just thought it would be cool to do a trade of some pods with others looking to sample pods.
I could also just pay to ship a pod(s) if you have nothing i want (realize might be a pain to ship just one pod... so would be optimal if you have a few of the pods im looking for... then can put each one in one of those small clear kitchen ziplocks, label it, and ship that).
If we decide to trade, might need to wait a few days for me to get a ripe pod since i just growing in 5gallon pots so don't have huge plants. (up to 2-3 weeks for some of the late producing plants I started late)....
Anyway, let me know if anyone wants to trade :) ...

Looking to try these pods (in order of preference):

Any extremely aromatic hot pepper thats not a superhot,
Wiri Wiri
Pitanga Cafe,
Wild Brazil,
Inca Berry
Aji Benito,
Aji Amarillo,
Aji Habanero
Trinidad Scorpian CARDI (i think I already have this, but not sure since seller mislabeled his seeds)

Think already getting these from peeps in this thread:
Mustard Hab
Aji Dulce,

Yellow bhut jolokia,

Peach bhut jolokia,
Naga Morich

I have these peppers (they are in 5gallon pots so they don't produce crazily, so might need to wait a few days for a pod):

Aji Omni-Color
Aji Pineapple
Aji Bolsa de Dulce
Aji Lemon Drop
Scotch Bonnet (Red Hat)
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Jamaican Hot Chocolate (prob wont have one)
Brown (Long) Hab
White/Bullet/Peruvian Hab
Bulgarian Carrot
Thai Dragon
Thai (orange)
Red Rocoto (finally starting to get larger pods since i moved into the shade)
Yellow Fatali
Sweet Hab
Zavory
Trinidad Red Seasoning
Black Habanero
Malaysian Goronong
Yellow 7 Pot Brain Strain: (company i bought this from probably mislabeled. It is my most aromatic pepper and my favorite. probably a Trinidad Scorpian)
Chocolate Ghost pepper
regular Ghost pepper (waiting for pods to ripen on this one)

Also have about 20 seeds of many super-hot varieties (you can see i ordered Box#3 in this thread: http://thehotpepper....e-offer-closed/).

Also have many heirloom tomato seeds to trade next year. Can work out a trade with those plus paypal cash.
Please have at least 10 posts here if you want to do a trade (need to know you trustworthy :) ).

Thanks!,
Arian

I do in this post (pics of the plant and pods right after I write "Whats your opinion?:"):
http://thehotpepper....140#entry688961
You can see the ripe yellow pods in that pic at the 11/1 positions. Both pods looks kinda different. Def not a BrainStrain :(. Bleh, i paid $8 in late winter when all places I googled sold out and was so excited to get them! oh well

(and this thread, not sure if people def ID-ed it there:
thehotpepper.com/topic/33746-yellow-pepper-id-help/
)

I am thinking its def mislabeled. But I really wish i knew what it was as it has a cool smell to it, its my favorite pepper.

-Arian

I can get some naga morich from the local supermarket they have them labeled as naga jolokia? I believe this are the same but that is what i was wanting to trade for your yellow brain strains?if you wanted

>that is what i was wanting to trade for your yellow brain strains
Cool Smitty, I can send 1 pod over if you want to do a single pod trade (5gallon pots means I don't get many peppers often to ripen for these larger peppers)?
Just wanted to confirm... You don't mind that they are probably NOT a Brain Strain (unless you read those threads and pics and think it still is a BrainStrain?. The pods don't look wrinkly or terribly Brainy which seems to be the defining attribute).

-Ari

Yah thats cool you think its a super though ts,7pot or somthing?
Darensmith
3313 w Willow ave
Phoenix, Az
Send the BIGGEST ONE YOU GOT

I'm not sure what it is. I wouldn't say its mild. Its still hot, and just hits the tongue differently than the Hab which is sometimes a bit harsh to me...
It looks like a Trinidad Scorpian CARDI kinda, but I don't think they are supposed to have this flavor. Might be a 7 pot Yellow or a cross of it with something since description of 'Trinidad 7 Pot has a nice fruity/pineapple flavor' sounds closer to it.
I'm gonna try to see if I can send a pod to the guy/company as well to see if maybe he can figure out what it is.
I do like the yellow colored peppers, pretty and easy to spot them, Im gonna def getting more yellow varieties this year.

>Send the BIGGEST ONE YOU GOT
lol, okay i'll try to send biggest one :). I'm in no hurry for the naga jalokia so just wait until I send you a pod before you send me a pod of somethin' to try.
Btw I contact the company today asking what it could be, and they were prompt with my refund.

Here's his response:
"Hi Arian, Thank You very much for the great info.. I noticed in your image [the image with many peppers] that you are growing the Scotch Bonnet. Are they growing close to your 7 Pot Brain Yellows? To me it looks like a cross of the 2. 2nd theory - when we were harvesting these last year, I noticed some yellow scorpions. We tried to remove all of the scorpions, though one or two may have been missed. Though being that you say it's not that hot - I would say it's not scorpion either. I would say it's more than likely a cross pollination issue. Seems like a very unique cross you have there. Save your seeds! Also, believe me if I have fresh yellow 7 pot brain, I'd send a dozen. We did not grow any of these here this year. We had a grower in Florida do the 7 Pots for us and were processed back about a month ago. Although II'm 100% sure your seed was pure and true to variety I will refund 100% if that's fine with you. One more note please go to:
http://seedcostore.w...ect-seedco.html

and check out the 7 Pot Brain Image - this image was taken last year from the batch of which your seed came from, you may even have seed from this one - probably not though. I noticed with this order you also purchased the butch T - how is this one doing for you. Also, if I may ask what kind of germination rates did you get. Thanks and I will get the refund to you ASAP. Keep in touch.
Thank You,
Steve at SeedCo"

I have Aji Dulce and Mustard Hab ripe and ready, will trade for Aji Lemon Drop and Bulgarian Carrot, 1 for 1, or 2 for 2 or 3 for 3 or more if you want. I want to taste both.

RCC

Cool RCC. P.M. me with your address info. Lemon Drop is pretty prolific for me. I can throw in a Aji Pineapple/Aji Omnicolor as well. But I'll have to wait a few days to get a Bulgarian Carrot (also can throw in a dehyrated one).

PS is yours Aji Dulce #1 or #2?
Here are reference pics: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/25481-aji-dulce/#entry513076

Thanks to everyone for great trades,
I updated the thread on new seeds I have and also what Pods I'm still looking to try.
Just P.M. me if want something.

-Arian

Back