• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pods not growing.

On brain strain, I noticed that several pods are staying small. Out of twenty, about 6 or so are full sized, but the rest are only the size of a dime or something. Should I fertilize, check PH, or what?

lucilanga said:
Early pods perhaps ? Overwintered plant ?
Plant never really stopped growing since last year, not exactly overwintered as much as indoor grown. Do they usually not produce as well the next year or something?

It's not uncommon for plants to put out small pods at any time, but particularly very early and very late in the season. I overwinter some plants (either let go dormant or just let them keep going) each year, and find this to be true for all varieties early that I have overwintered.

geeme said:
It's not uncommon for plants to put out small pods at any time, but particularly very early and very late in the season. I overwinter some plants (either let go dormant or just let them keep going) each year, and find this to be true for all varieties early that I have overwintered.
I would say it's this, but some of the pods are clearly full sized. Unless you mean that some of the starting ones are small, and not all of them.

Is this an indoor plant only ? If so, it's rather difficult to say. Unless you keep it under a tent with very controlled conditions.
Otherwise, I find it difficult to keep the plant the same conditions, even inside. So yeah pod size variations may occur.
If that's not the case and plant just went outside it's normal, nothing to worry about.

lucilanga said:
Is this an indoor plant only ? If so, it's rather difficult to say. Unless you keep it under a tent with very controlled conditions.
Otherwise, I find it difficult to keep the plant the same conditions, even inside. So yeah pod size variations may occur.
If that's not the case and plant just went outside it's normal, nothing to worry about.
Ok thanks. It's outside right now.

Back