• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pollen question

I heard the flowers produce pollen from 12 PM to 3 PM...

Some of my plants went through a no flowering period and seem to have come out of it, however the new flowers dont seem to have any pollen...

They all pretty much just bloomed this morning or last night.

The last bloom period I could just tap the things and a cloud of pollen would come out... Now I get nothing, and the stamens are not even yellow... just deep purple.

Is it normal for the fully open flowers to not have any pollen at this time of day?

Thanks.

I know greenhouse tomatoes should be pollinated in the mornings. I don't know about peppers but I'd think that direct sun and heat would be bad for pollen.

Update: It's not because I was checking them before they produced pollen between 12 and 3, they are not making pollen AT ALL.

I'm stumped... Some of my plants dont even bloom, and they all have the same light levels, same temperature, same fert, same water source everything...

The ones that do bloom dont have ANY POLLEN AT ALL. They bloom for a few days and eventually fall off, regardless of me attempting to hand pollinate with a q-tip or shaking the damn plants to death.

They are dropping because they are not getting pollinated, and they are not getting pollinated because theres no pollen!

What the hell causes the flowers to produce zero pollen and how the hell can I get them to start producing again?

gardenkiller said:
Are you sure that there is NO pollen. Seems odd. There are a lot of different reasons for flower drop ya know.

Yes, and it's not too much Nitrogen, theres plenty light, I'm not flooding them or letting them wilt, theres no problem with the tap water, since they have done fine on it before...

It's not too cold, it's not too hot either, the humidity is decent...

I'm stumped, what can you do when the little stamen things dont produce any pollen... They are purple, with no hint of yellow and when I rub the things on black paper, I dont see ANY pollen coming off...

Before I could just tap the things and a cloud of yellow pollen would come out.

Back