POOKIE'S BEER

salsalady

Business Member
Hey, I just found this beer at the corner market today.  Who knew THP was so popular that a local brewery made a beer in honor of Pookie?
DSC_0168.JPG

Here's to you, Boss! 

Man, this Bavarian style beer is inspiring me to make a bavarian mustard bbq sauce!  

Oh...wait......someone's already got that.......   :lol:

BigB said:
that looks like mr. kfc decided to dress up for for st patty's day
:lol:

I love wheat bears. Never had a bulvarian. Love some hoegardeen. .... but but that stuff's in a can. 

D3monic said:
I love wheat bears. Never had a bulvarian. Love some hoegardeen. .... but but that stuff's in a can. 

Meh, I don't have a problem with cans as long as its good beer (kegs aka tap beer comes from a can). Its when it starts coming in plastic bottles that I will be fugging dis custard.

Cans are better than glass. They block light and O2 completely.

Plastic bottles are not happening because plastic diffuses too much O2 ...

It would oxidize the beer and reduce the shelf-life too drastically for distribution timelines ... I think you are safe from that.

grantmichaels said:
Cans are better than glass. They block light and O2 completely.

Plastic bottles are not happening because plastic diffuses too much O2 ...

It would oxidize the beer and reduce the shelf-life too drastically for distribution timelines ... I think you are safe from that.

yea but cans always have that acrid metallic taste. 

D3monic said:

yea but cans always have that acrid metallic taste. 

Nah. It's not the can, it's the beer in it and/or how it was handled ...

Pick-up some Oskar Blues =)

Cans are the best vessel for beer ... well, next to kegs!

hogleg said:
Beer does come in plastic bottles. I've seen Miller at concert venues where no glass is allowed.

You can buy Bud here in amber plastic PET's to take to the beach ...

I don't consider light lager to be worth drinking, though ... I'll have Negra Modelo, or in a pinch, Corona before those ...

I know, I know, but Highlife was my gateway beer. I'd still drink one on a hot day if someone offered. Not going out and buying it though. I just scored some more Sierra Nevada Harvest series  :beer: to keep me lubed while tending the pit wit some babybacks.

My real-life gateway beer was Cigar City Marshall Zhukov stout ... as I didn't drink beer most of my life.

It's kind of terrible though, too, to have found CCB MZ, because almost nothing compares to it ...

Well, I'm glad y'all are having a nice discussion of brews.  This is just too funny~~~~

Carry On~~~~!

Back