• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Possible Mutant?

One leaf instead of two:

mutant.jpg

This is typical for the sprout to grow out one leaf at a time. If it doesnt appear shortly or come in at all, its safe to say it would be an oddball/mutant

Are you sure it hasn't just lost a leaf at some stage? Either that or I would guess the other leaf to the pair somehow got damaged before it had a chance to grow.

This is typical for the sprout to grow out one leaf at a time. If it doesnt appear shortly or come in at all, its safe to say it would be an oddball/mutant

Hadn't seen this with my other sprouts. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks. Thread renamed.

Are you sure it hasn't just lost a leaf at some stage? Either that or I would guess the other leaf to the pair somehow got damaged before it had a chance to grow.

Pretty sure neither applies. I've watched these little guys pretty closely. Anyway, just seemed unique to me so I thought I'd share.

These things happen sometimes, the other leaf may have suffered damage or it's just a genetic mutation. It's possible another leaf will grow on the opposite side eventually but it hasn't started to yet.

In the picture the stem on that one looks light colored and narrowing towards the base, it wouldn't surprise me if that seedling doesn't make it.

These things happen sometimes, the other leaf may have suffered damage or it's just a genetic mutation. It's possible another leaf will grow on the opposite side eventually but it hasn't started to yet.

In the picture the stem on that one looks light colored and narrowing towards the base, it wouldn't surprise me if that seedling doesn't make it.

Agreed. Its lagging behind. I tossed out a few weak ones yesterday. The only reason I held on to this one is I wanted to see what it did with only one leaf.

Back