• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Possible Pest?

In the bottom of my solo cups, I have these tiny bugs, a lot of them, 20-30. They are about 1-2 mm in length and are black. They also move around decently quick. It looks like there are even smaller ones, maybe babies, which are a lighter color, but they are so small I'm not sure if there bugs or dust. Should I be worried?
As a precaution, I rinsed all my cups out with hot water and will be getting some peroxide soon to water with. Anything else I should do?

*Edit*
Here is a picture....
2018-03-16 18.04.09.jpg

It seems to be some kind of termite-like insect.

Chilidude said:
Yes, give us picture of the pests.
I killed all the ones in the cups, so there clean right now, but I don't think I'll be able to get a good picture. There so small and I don't have a good enough camera to zoom in.
Also there not in the pest topic above, if that helps.

After doing some research, I think these may be springtails. I pored some peroxide in to the cup and they seem to of tried to jump away from it, but their jumps were very short. Will have to try looking into this more.

Ronin said:
After doing some research, I think these may be springtails. I pored some peroxide in to the cup and they seem to of tried to jump away from it, but their jumps were very short. Will have to try looking into this more.

If they are not doing any damage to the leaves they might not be thrips either.

Chilidude said:

If they are not doing any damage to the leaves they might not be thrips either.
Yeah I was thinking maybe thrips or fungus gnats but if there's no leaf damage then maybe not.

The leaves look fine and they are not crawling on them, they are only in the dirt.
Also, I have fungus gnats, but these are not worms, they have legs and walk around.

Back