• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds possible seedling problem - some leaves curling

Well the above video shows you what I'm talking about.. some of my seedlings have 1 or 2 leaves that are curling upwards.. any idea why they look like this? :shocked:

hmm well it's plain soil with no added ferts, i did mix in some liquid seaweed style fert with the water I used when I transplanetd each plant, only a very small (smaller than recommended) amount. They have been watered since with RO filtered plain water....

I guess I'll just keep watering without ferts for now and see how they go :)

has it been too hot?

peppers curl naturally to reduce surface area when it's rly hot.

just a thought.

On seeing, they don't look bad to me..perhaps jus back off a bit..
Peppers are weird, too much water=bad, too much fert=bad. Over-watering will KILL peppers..esp. when young. when topsoil is dry an inch down, i water.

Ya gotta read the pepper..my bih and dorset cant get enough water..the fatalis, jalapeno, and choc hab can get about arid before I see they need more. They like dry.

ALso, hate to say..genetics..some seedling just wont make it because they are weak.

a spray botle with water is nice for misting babies and adults alike...no drowning. Foliar spray dont cause root rot either.

Watch temps for new seedlings, they scorch ez. I keep at least 4" away from lights after sprout and until 1st leaves are set.

If they wilt, THEN then need water and/or shade. I water about every couple days depending on the plant.

No true rules abotu peppers mang....they grow as they see fit.

My seemily fried and yellow baby Bih and habs..now are just fine and getting greener each day. Last week, they looked like a chlrosis catalog.

Liek babies, each are diff... ;)

Hasn't been hot at all, still late winter here :) I have been giving them water every day though, I should stop watering as often as I am. They are under flouro light (old salt water aquarium light unit) and very green - (or very black in the black pearl/purple tiger's case).. will give them a few more days before i really start to panick

QuadShotz said:
has it been too hot?

peppers curl naturally to reduce surface area when it's rly hot.

just a thought.

On seeing, they don't look bad to me..perhaps jus back off a bit..
Peppers are weird, too much water=bad, too much fert=bad. Over-watering will KILL peppers..esp. when young. when topsoil is dry an inch down, i water.

Watch temps for new seedlings, they scorch ez. I keep at least 4" away from lights after sprout and until 1st leaves are set.

If they wilt, THEN then need water and/or shade. I water about every couple days depending on the plant.

No true rules abotu peppers mang....they grow as they see fit.

My seemily fried and yellow baby Bih and habs..now are just fine and getting greener each day. Last week, they looked like a chlrosis catalog.

Liek babies, each are diff... ;)

ph for watering in soil is best at around 6.5
Id also be checking what your temps are day & night, at this early stage if they get the chills they will end up stunted and take forever to get going again.

I learned not to fuss to much with em. They are tuff. Think of where they grow naturally, eh?

Then again, BB has the best nagas on earth..so ..what do i know..lool

Honestly, they look fine to me.

My Dorset was a 2cm stunted, scalded, and infested with dirt parasites POS...and now a month later it's a 4" tall 8" wide monster in progress. They are verrry tough plants.

cheers and best luck mate,

qs

night time temps inside dont get much below 18 degrees so I think that shouldnt be an issue. thanks for the tips gys - will see how they look the next few days :) get the feeling i might be over-watering

I leearned too that newbies hate too much fert, period..even MG is too much for new seedlings sometimes. I about killed my new hab seedlings by sticking in my 'normal' soil mix...only a 5-4-6 mixed in.

toooo much ferts for em, they went pure white almost.

been slowly flushing soil since, and i can see the leaves pushing green out more each day now. Normally I use a vitamin bit in the water..but not that sooon i found out.

I think ya be fine mate, just watch em.

Back