Possible Wind-Burn?

Hi there again.  I have been monitoring a couple of spots on a few leaves of my plants.  It does look worse now than it did a couple of weeks ago, but I believe that it is not getting any worse, but rather because my plants and their leaves are respectively getting larger.  ANy help or opinions are welcome.  Again, pepper garden is raised, and in the north-east corner of the yard with a fence on the north and east sides of said box.  Also, this appears to be hitting the super hot peppers exclusively.  Problem in question is the tan/brown and ends of the leaves.  Besides this, the plants are very healthy looking.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

XE7AG4m.jpg

XguMK2A.jpg

2tmnikI.jpg

Yes, looks like sunburn. Did you take your time hardening them off, or just plant them out without hardening off?

the other leaves look just fine so i would just leave it alone, after transplanting its common to have some stress like this.
If all the leaves start falling off / turning brown then that's a different problem.

obchili said:
Hi there again.  I have been monitoring a couple of spots on a few leaves of my plants.  It does look worse now than it did a couple of weeks ago, but I believe that it is not getting any worse, but rather because my plants and their leaves are respectively getting larger.  ANy help or opinions are welcome.  Again, pepper garden is raised, and in the north-east corner of the yard with a fence on the north and east sides of said box.  Also, this appears to be hitting the super hot peppers exclusively.  Problem in question is the tan/brown and ends of the leaves.  Besides this, the plants are very healthy looking.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

This is really funny obchili, I've noticed this too...but only on my "hot" Habaneros.  The serranos and Jalapenos are fine, but it's the Habaneros that are getting the worst of that leaf-edge browning/drying out.

Where in Manitoba are you?  If Winnipeg, I've had the exact same weather as you the past little while so if you're experiencing the same thing then I don't feel so bad!

@geeme
Yes, I took time hardening them off.  I started an hour or two for the first couple of days, then increased a couple of hours the next couple of days, then so on and so forth.  This was one method I adopted from the internet.  Thank you.

@OKGrowin
No other major quantity of leaves have fallen off.  Only a couple of the lowest on a couple of plants have come off.

@samcanadian
That is funny.  I have only this problem with my Habenero's and beyond climbing up the scoville scale.  Mainly on my super-hots.  My 'edible' pepper plants are all in very good shape.  I am just east of Winnipeg around Oakbank.

Back