• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Possibly fortuitous turn of events....

SadisticPeppers

eXtreme Business
Recently, I got back in touch with one of my classmates from high school, and she returned to sunny South Florida, just an exit north of Jupiter on I-95 as a matter of fact. She and I got to talking again today, and I mentioned that I've been experimenting with growing superhot peppers. She loves spicy foods as much as anyone else I knew back in high school, and then she dropped a tactical nuke in the conversation... she lives on a farm & has a patch of unused land, and there's the possibility that I could use it if I wanted to. She even asked me to come up soon to her place and check it out.

This gives me one more reason to move up to Jupiter this year, since even with most of my parents' backyard being converted into a garden, anything more than 50 plants would be pushing it in that space. With some space on her farm, I could easily get a lot more plants going, give her some of my harvest/seeds/products as compensation, and do with the rest whatever I need to. This just might be the thing I need ;)

Aren't friends the best! Good luck to all involved.

Thanks :) It'll obviously have to wait a few months at least, since I'm still down here in the Hollywood area, and the commute up there will be crazy (75 miles each way), so going up there daily until I move up to Jupiter is pretty much outta the question.

What about this?

Oh I'll still be keeping my job, WalkGood :)

And moving up to Jupiter later this year will make this work even better in my favor, because her place is less than 20 minutes from my parents' house. Because of the hours I work, I could potentially head over there a couple times a week in the late morning for a couple hours, do my voodoo with the plants, and then head to work with plenty of time to spare.

I'm 100 miles from my plants during the week. As long as you can set up a timer and get the water schedule nailed down you can make it work before you even move up there. It is a pain, and gas is expensive, but may be worth it. Head up on a weekend to do your harvest and see how they're doing. As 3/5 suggests, while the iron is HOT!

Believe me, stc3248, ideas like that are definitely appreciated, especially since she only told me about this just this afternoon. It's also all the more reason for me to head up there to see her place prior to moving up to Jupiter permanently. That way, I can see what's available for me to use, and if all the details get hammered out and I can, in fact, use a part of the land, I'll try to set up some kind of drip irrigation system, so that all the work will be done ahead of time, and I can devote my time to more important things :)

And I'm sure I can get a deal from Alpha or somewhere on drip irrigation gear down the road to set it all up.

I miss my acreage so much..... I had room for thousands of plants. To bad I was using it as a driving range when I lived there. Got interested in growing peppers after I left. damn damn damn. Divorces suck.

Aren't friends the best! Good luck to all involved.

Silly question, Patrick... On a whim, I googled White Ghost Pepper the other day, and came across an eBay listing for a packet of White Ghost Pepper seeds, and for the life of me, the picture listed was exactly the same as your profile picture. If I may ask, you wouldn't happen to be said person selling these seeds?

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Bhut-Jolokia-Ghost-Pepper-10-Organic-Grown-Seeds-/230920702077?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5693909967676627601%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D230920702077%26

Back