• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies Post your motorcycles!

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
How is there no motorcycle thread here?

I took delivery of my new 2023 Indian Scout Bobber Sixty on Saturday. First time I've ridden in twenty years and I'm having a blast with this thing.

20230306_164935.jpg

20230306_164945.jpg

20230306_164909.jpg

Post your bikes and talk about them!

I rode sportbikes in my younger days. This is a different ride for sure, but much more appropriate for me now. I'm still missing the pegs a lot when I leave a stop, but getting better at remembering they're out in front of me now.

Part of the reason I chose this bike is that the subframe supporting the rear fender is bolted on, not a cast-in part of the frame. This way I can avoid hacking off the frame if I want to remove the fender - AND I can put it back. Super cool. The weight savings.. *drool*

Awesome bike, Unc.!
I rode sportbikes in my younger days. This is a different ride for sure, but much more appropriate for me now. I'm still missing the pegs a lot when I leave a stop, but getting better at remembering they're out in front of me now.
That seating position would definitely take some getting used to when maneuvering in traffic.

How is there no pic of mine in my photos folder?

Guess I'll have to grab one. Maybe one of my son's while I'm at it.

Looks like a nice ride, but I think that's a bit too "relaxed" (too far back) for me.

I took my bike out today for something like my fifth ride since I got it. Rode a hundred miles and lost my license plate somewhere along the way. :(

Scraped the pegs twice on left hand turns. It scared the living shit out of me both times. You can only lean this thing over about 35°.

Last edited:
I took my bike out for something like my fifth ride today. Rode a hundred miles and lost my license plate somewhere along the way. :(

Scraped the pegs twice on left hand turns. It scared the living shit out of me both times. You can only lean this thing over about 35°.
Haha. Nothing like hitting that peg in the middle of a turn to wake you up. You must be too used to dragging that knee.

Bummer about the plate, but great that you're getting out on the bike. Plenty of great riding weather soon.

Bummer about the plate, but great that you're getting out on the bike. Plenty of great riding weather soon.

The worst thing about it is now I can't ride until I get a replacement and there's nice weather coming up.

Maybe I'll take the bike apart a bit while I wait and get the measurements I need. I'm working on a rear fender delete.

It's not a big deal this time. I haven't even received responses to the RFQs I sent to a few shops. Probably won't get any from a couple, lol. This is my first try with this outfit, and I certainly don't trust them, but the price and lead time they quoted were unbeatable. I'll wait and inspect the parts; all there is right now. I'm eager, though, because I'm getting close to 500mi when I'll need to report to the dealer for break-in servicing. I really want to have the mod finished before then so I won't have to make a separate trip to show my guy. Not sure I can even swing it anymore.. I'm at 320 now.. will need at least two more trips to the shop where I can work on the bike.. 60 miles round trip to the shop and 30 miles to the dealer.. So I can ride 30 miles more before I'm stuck. That kinda bites. I'm hoping to have the parts by the end of the week, then test fit and fine adjustment (probably with an angle grinder, lol), then powder coat. Maybe I won't have to pass up too many nice days.

Last edited:
It's not a big deal this time. I haven't even received responses to the RFQs I sent to a few shops. Probably won't get any from a couple, lol. This is my first try with this outfit, and I certainly don't trust them, but the price and lead time they quoted were unbeatable. I'll wait and inspect the parts; all there is right now. I'm eager, though, because I'm getting close to 500mi when I'll need to report to the dealer for break-in servicing. I really want to have the mod finished before then so I won't have to make a separate trip to show my guy. Not sure I can even swing it anymore.. I'm at 320 now.. will need at least two more trips to the shop where I can work on the bike.. 60 miles round trip to the shop and 30 miles to the dealer.. So I can ride 30 miles more before I'm stuck. That kinda bites. I'm hoping to have the parts by the end of the week, then test fit and fine adjustment (probably with an angle grinder, lol), then powder coat. Maybe I won't have to pass up too many nice days.
Hope not, unc. That's pretty much what we have the road bikes for.

Back