• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce post your top 5 hot sauces for flavor and heat.

Not sure if this has been done yet or not.
If a fairly current example of this already exist ill take this down.

Id like to see members post their current top 5 favorite sauces based on flavor. maybe rank them 1-5 first being the best then give each sauce a 1-10 heat rating, 1 being mild,10 being extremely hot.

And please if you sell your own sauce dont list your own sauces, pick sauces you like outside of your own.

Depends on food and mood. But I would look into some of Pepper North's sauces, off the top of my head. They won BIG in THPA. Truth Serum is a new brand that has really good stuff too.

Too hard to nail down my top 5 small production, craft, and homemade sauces I've had.

So here is 5 cheapo under $3 production sauces I like. In no particular order.

Mezzeta California habanero   

Trappey's          

Mexico Lindo salsa habanera roja

Melindas extra hot          

Valentina      

Just say no to Yuckyteco!! :lol:             

for something you can find at the grocery stores my recommendations are 

Bliss- seriously, this stuff is good.

el yuckytaco black label "mayan" is a fairly hot good sauce unlike most their other line up. Tastes like a knock off version of lucky dog hot sauce black label... just not as good. 

No one has mentioned LDHS 'Year of the Dog'???
A MUST HAVE in any kitchen!

I don't really have a "top 5" I have about 20-30 that I use "daily" depending on the food and my mood for heat/flavor.

As far as that Yuckytaco crap, I read a study a few years back that noted, "above allowable levels of Lead". Eff that. Crap is made in mexico and they are using toxic water? Meh~

Get a quality sauce for god sakes.
YEAR OF THE DOG!!!!

IMG_1347.JPG

I really can't go with a top 5.  There are soooooo many yummy sauces and depending on what the mood or dish is, they all come into play.

The one that I always have to have in the house is-
SeaFire Gourmet Sweet Spicy Girl

The Kid Loves it, I love it, Husband loves it.... We were fortunate to meet DuvallDave/Seafire Gourmet about 8 years ago and we fell in love with SSG.  It's a milder sauce, but the instant Evan and I tasted it, we literally looked at each other and said... "THAT"S GOOD!"   and he made me get a case of it from Dave before we left the picnic.

2nd to that is LuckyDog.  Green and Perro for starters.

salsalady said:
I really can't go with a top 5.  There are soooooo many yummy sauces and depending on what the mood or dish is, they all come into play.

The one that I always have to have in the house is-
SeaFire Gourmet Sweet Spicy Girl

The Kid Loves it, I love it, Husband loves it.... We were fortunate to meet DuvallDave/Seafire Gourmet about 8 years ago and we fell in love with SSG.  It's a milder sauce, but the instant Evan and I tasted it, we literally looked at each other and said... "THAT"S GOOD!"   and he made me get a case of it from Dave before we left the picnic.

2nd to that is LuckyDog.  Green and Perro for starters.

I don't see ingredients on their website. Mind snapping a picture of the ingredient list? I might order a bottle but usually don't order things unless I know what's in them because i'm weird. 

D3monic said:

I don't see ingredients on their website. Mind snapping a picture of the ingredient list? I might order a bottle but usually don't order things unless I know what's in them because i'm weird. 
Well, we are all a little weird, so it's all good! 

I haven't been to their website so here's a pic of the last empty bottle that was hanging out in the kid's room....and as he handed me the empty bottle he asked "so, are you ordering more soon?" 

IMG_5970.JPG

IMG_5969.JPG

IMG_5971.JPG

Dave and Kathy have gone through a couple different brands and names. Here on THP he was DuvallDave to start.  The brand was DavezFoodz, then went to Seafire Gourmet.  The Sweet Spicy Girl has always been delicious. 

MnSuperHots said:
Well shit, I bought a 3 piece set of lucky dog and gave it as a gift! Never actually had it! Lol

order another one for yourself!!!  Seriously...

D3monic said:
Darn, has seasalt and lime... sigh. I need to do some more allergy testing..  :mope:

allergies to sea salt and lime?  :( 

salsalady said:
allergies to sea salt and lime?  :(

Past two reactions I had I was eating cilantro lime rice and a lemon with seasalt on it. The seasalt makes sense since I have a shellfish allergy and Himalayan pink seasalt has large amounts of micro-crustation proteins in it. 

The citrus... I just need to bite the bullet and try some when i'm off work. I'm ok avoiding cilantro I never liked it much in the first place. Tastes like soap and bitter weeds. 

The Hot Pepper said:
Depends on food and mood. But I would look into some of Pepper North's sauces, off the top of my head. They won BIG in THPA. Truth Serum is a new brand that has really good stuff too.
Thanks so much - greatly appreciate all your support!

Some of my current favourites

Born to Hula - Smokehaus Blues (2/10)
Heartbreaking Dawns 1542 (5/10)
Heartbreaking Dawns - The Green (2/10)
Primos Peppers - Swampadelic Sauce (8/10)
CaJohns - Classic Small Batch Pepper Sauces (range from 1/10 - 7/10 or so)

*Edited to add rough heat rating for my taste

Back