Posting Pictures Wrong?

An error occurred

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

[xxx] XXX [/xxx] is wrong?

what is right?

PS I could not use img XXX /img with brackets here even as an example

JPG files always work. It seems JPEG files wont. I could be wrong. If it is an image from the web, try using one from another site or another size.

Whatever you are using is not an image extension. A common mistake is putting the page URL and not the image URL.

Code:
[img]http://******.jpg[/img]

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue where images sometimes don't display.

URL: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37870-devvs-dirt-grow-summer-heat-is-here/page-35

Now they are displaying, when I stated this post they would not. I enter them in this format:

http://www.devtex.net/images/638.jpg

When they DON'T display I can look at the source code and pull up the image URL in another window, so the private image domain is up and running but not displaying correctly in the glog.

Thanks,

Scott

I see all 10 images.

Devv said:
Now they are displaying, when I stated this post they would not. I enter them in this format:

If you did not edit the post then that is a browser or loading issue. You posted. They did not display. Then they did. Nothing changed in your post. That's a browser or internet issue. It's possible they were still loading.

Make sure you use img tags unless they are already provided where you copy the code.

The Hot Pepper said:
I see all 10 images.

If you did not edit the post then that is a browser or loading issue. You posted. They did not display. Then they did. Nothing changed in your post. That's a browser or internet issue. It's possible they were still loading.

Make sure you use img tags unless they are already provided where you copy the code.

These are successful posts that worked fine one day and not the next, perhaps I didn't wait long enough, but felt I did based on experience. I posted during a break at work where we have a 100mb connection via fiber, I manage things there and we were at less than 5% usage. Mainly I posted because others mentioned it, and I experienced it today with two browsers on one PC and one on a second PC. The source had the proper image html code, I'm one of those geeks who writes html from a Linux command prompt, so I know it should have displayed. The weird thing was the images displayed that another member posted but not mine. And they displayed instantly when I went directly to the image URL (on my server).

If they are being displayed by the html code as shown in the source , which I think they are, than perhaps the Network Solutions server has issues with something, IDK but figured I would ask.

Thanks again for your time..

Devv said:
The weird thing was the images displayed that another member posted but not mine. And they displayed instantly when I went directly to the image URL (on my server).

If they are being displayed by the html code as shown in the source , which I think they are, than perhaps the Network Solutions server has issues with something, IDK but figured I would ask.

Thanks again for your time..
Not weird, you're using your own domain for images, so that just tells me his server (photobucket or whatever) was up and yours was lagging or down at the time.

Back