Pot Roast Baby!!

Hey ya'll! My gal requested that I do up a nice pot roast. It gave me an excuse to bring out the crock pot which I love showing off for obvious reasons. I seared the roast on high heat in my cast iron skillet, then into the crockpot. I added a cup of H2O and French Onion soup mix.(also my gals request just like her mom used to make) Some red potatos and baby carrots too. Here are the pics...I'll update in 6 hours on the final results.

Feel free to post your roast recipe's and pics ya'll!

0094.jpg

0095.jpg

0096.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB

Well here we are several hours later. Gotta' admit, the aroma and the smells from the blues kitchen are just killin' my gal and my dog. Here's the finished roast.

0101.jpg

0102.jpg

You might want to pop one of these to go with the roast. My favorite hosky!
0103.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

damn, that looks lip smacking good!!!!! :shocked:
wish I had some of that right now, sure beats left over chili for 2 days :lol:

you have the whole chile/salmon theme going dont ya ? :cool:

chilehunter said:
damn, that looks lip smacking good!!!!! :shocked:
wish I had some of that right now, sure beats left over chili for 2 days :lol:

you have the whole chile/salmon theme going dont ya ? :cool:

CH...if you saw all the fish paraphenalia and pepper gear I have you wouldn't stop slapping me! It's all my gal can do to tolerate my obsessions. Indeed the roast is tres bon. Funny you mention chili though, I have some filet mignon I found in the freezer that has been there awhile and I am thawing it out to make a chili. I should have a few fresh pequins to sweeten it up.

Cheers man, TB.

filet mignon & chili :lol::cool:
that just aint right! such a waste of a good cut IMO.
grilled or sauteed for that cut :shocked:

I wasnt really razzing you about the chile/salmon theme ya got going on. I'd like to get some chile stuff.

Back