• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pot size. No, the other kind of pot.

I will be growing some of my smaller varieties in pots this year. Nothing over 2 foot tall. HD has 8 inch and 12 inch pots. How big of a pot should I be using. Some will winter in the house, but not many. I saw where someone posted the pots aren't that expensive, so I was just curious where is the best place to get them. I don't want used pots.

Thank you!!!

See Greenhouse Megastore for all kinds of pots, flats, trays. Excellent service.

greenhousemegastore.com

You can get 3-gallon pots for about 80-cents each or 5-gallon around a buck.

If you do go 5-gallon though, better to get a bucket with a handle and drill drain holes in it. You can sometimes find freebies from pastry shops, restaurants that use a lot of oil, etc. HD also has them for around $3 i think.

I went to my local agway and got some free pots, but I also just ordered 100 1 gallon pots for the seedlings I have now before potting some of them up into pots and the rest going into the ground this summer.. for 100 pots, it was like $25-30 I think shipped.. really great prices, and fast shipping, I just needed the 1 gallon pots because the plants are small and also I need them to fit in my grow tent

but for the smaller ones that I will be keeping in pots, like the Bulgarian Carrots, I will use 3 gallon pots I think, and the larger ones, 5 gallons, (might start another 10 Bulgarian Carrots to put into pots soon also, I love those things, and they do great in pots when I had them 2 years ago)

Back