• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pot sizes

Hey, went to the garden center and got some pots, they're 5l as last year in 1l pots the plants were pretty tiny and not a great yield. So my question is how big would you expect a bhut, Red hab and Aji limon to get in these sort of conatians and a(very) aproximate yield assuming good conditions not grown under light but in a conservatory with windows in all directions except west? and also outside once it warms up enough?

Not really sure what type of yields you will get in that size container, but I imagine it won't be very much. You may want to look for something larger such as a 12L.

i would think that you would want something around 20L (just over 5 gallons) if you're going to grow bhuts.

The bigger the pot you can plant into the bigger the Bhut will get, and more peppers you can hopefully harvest as well.

This is my big Bhut (that just sounds wrong...). It is in a 4 gal pot. It is just over 3 ft tall, and now starting to branch out again, so I expect it to be a monster. This photo was taken February 8, 2011. It will get moved up to a 5gal bucket and have a drip line added.

Bhut%20Jolokia%201b%20-%202011-02-08%2017.50.02.jpg

Back