• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Powder wt. to equal 1pepper

Just looking for general aproxs. Also how long is the shelf life for powders? I know these are mostly opinions but you're far more knowledgeable on this than me..

if properly sealed from moisture, indefinite
sealed and frozen, even longer.

I have a vial of brown moruga powder that I have been using for almost a year and have opened it several times a day almsot every day since I started using it and it is still deadly.

HP22BH said:
if properly sealed from moisture, indefinite
sealed and frozen, even longer.

I have a vial of brown moruga powder that I have been using for almost a year and have opened it several times a day almsot every day since I started using it and it is still deadly.

Is that a bottomless vial? :P

How much did you start with?  I would LOVE to get my hands on a couple ounces of that.

for powder weight, if you are asking about how much powder from a pound of peppers-

the general rule of thumb is- 1 pound of fresh pods will make 1-1.5 ounces of powder.

Trying to wrap my head around this. (i'm a new user of super hots)
If a recipe says use 2 Ghost peppers what would be the equivalant amount of Ghost POWDER to use? Or is this a more "add to taste" thing?
Thanks..

3 years ago i grew a huge amount of peppers. I still have Fatali, Bhut, and Chocolate 7 Pod powders. They are still very potent in the heat area. In the flavor catagory not so much. The flavor goes quicker, within 1 year i would say.

Yes "add to taste" or in common units, roughly 1/8th a teaspoon (depends on how finely powdered, larger particles have more air gaps between them, could even double the volume needed).

Back