• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Presoak?

Hello everyone !

Wonderful news to share, my douglah and y 7 pod just sprouted within 24 hours!

24 hours! XD!

I did presoak these in normal tapwater for 10 hours.

It ended up saving me 5 days of time!

What are your guys thoughts on presoaking seeds?..

Yea that is pretty amazing. Congrats.

I don't think it makes that much of a difference. Out of 250 seeds i soaked about half and got the same times across the board. If I have time and patience to soak then I guess I would, but with 50 varieties it is pretty time consuming.

Pre-soaking just starts the process so it was basically 1.5 days. Chile seeds are thin and don't really need softening like thicker seeds. You could use chamomile tea as a fungicide, or for harder type seeds you could use black tea which has tanins that soften seed shells

Yep, I did a 24 hour pre-soak in plain tap water then 2 days on damp coffee filters to get to where i sae sime tails and then into the cells. Seedlings seemed to almost jump out of the dirt they so wanted to grow.

(null)

Getting the "tail" out of the seed shell is germination.

I've soaked seeds once or twice and didn't see much difference in germination rates. I would stick with water or maybe a weak tea solution. I've read on here people soaking seeds in fertilizers, Superthrive, and all kinds of things. Not sure if those type of things do much good.

Back