Pretty sure this is BER, confirmation needed

As I was inspecting my Cayenne to see how many pods were beginning to ripen, I found that I only had one, which of course appears to have BER. Just wanna confirm it is indeed BER.  My only other guess is stink bug damage; I found early stages of stink bugs and removed the ones I found and treated the area with some organic insecticide/fungicide/miticide which seemed to do the trick since I haven't seen any in a few days.

545879_10151780209884099_1641721095_n.jpg

1017428_10151780210234099_211937270_n.jpg

Looks like you're 2 for 2 today compmodder, thanks again!  Should I leave it on there til its fully ripe or just pick it now and salvage what I can from it?

Agree - BER. Make sure to give your peppers (and tomatoes, if you're growing them) plenty of calcium once they kick into production mode in order to prevent BER. Most tomato fertilizers contain sufficient amounts. I use CalMag from Botanicare, and my peppers love it.

geeme said:
Agree - BER. Make sure to give your peppers (and tomatoes, if you're growing them) plenty of calcium once they kick into production mode in order to prevent BER. Most tomato fertilizers contain sufficient amounts. I use CalMag from Botanicare, and my peppers love it.
About a week and a half maybe 2 weeks ago I found a 1lb container of MG shake and feed tomato+calcium (9-4-12 I believe) at the store and decided to give it a shot, not sure how long it takes to kick in but I should probably look into some CalMag just in case.

sreinhard88 said:
Looks like you're 2 for 2 today compmodder, thanks again!  Should I leave it on there til its fully ripe or just pick it now and salvage what I can from it?
Pull it and either eat the parts that aren't rotten or toss it. It's doing nothing on the plant except getting old and sapping energy. If you pull it and supplement with calcium, the other fruits will have a better chance.

SciurusDoomus said:
Pull it and either eat the parts that aren't rotten or toss it. It's doing nothing on the plant except getting old and sapping energy. If you pull it and supplement with calcium, the other fruits will have a better chance.
Pulled, inspected, and eaten.  Damage was pretty minimal considering the size of the blemish on the outside, good flavor and heat, just makes me more impatient waiting for the other 2 dozen to ripen!

Back