• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

cooking Prime Rib Turf and Scallops Surf

The Menu
Garlic and Herb Crusted Prime Rib
Pan Seared Ocean Scallops with Brown Butter and Thyme
Lemon Parmesan Green Beans
Rosemary Parmesan Toast with Goat Cheese, Capers and Tomatoes

Garlic and Herb Crusted Prime Rib
Choice prime rib dry brined with kosher salt for six hours.
Then slathered in a 2:1 mix of A1 steak sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Rubbed generously with Prairie Dust herb mix and minced garlic, wrapped in plastic wrap and held overnight.
Trussed up tightly with butchers twine to give it a uniform shape and thus cook evenly.

OUkDyE4l.jpg

ZmfCNGUl.jpg

Fired up the smoker with hickory, 225°-250°, averaged 238° over the five hour cook.
Pulled at an IT of 130° in the center of the roast, wrapped in foil and finished my other dishes.
About an hour later it was time to slice it... Oh Man!

nDk5l1Yl.jpg

nz9FT2Vl.jpg

bkTZU24l.jpg

Pan Seared Ocean Scallops with Brown Butter and Thyme
U-12 size Ocean Scallops seasoned with salt and pepper, fried in a mix of olive oil and butter.
Then basted with a thyme infused Brown Butter sauce.

3fo0jw3l.jpg

A8bvVfKl.jpg

Cz5uyo3l.jpg

Lemon Parmesan Green Beans
2lbs of fresh green beans sprayed with olive oil, salted and then give a generous covering of lemon zest and Parmesan cheese.
Broiler on high until hot and tender.

j6vExK7l.jpg

8IpHzbAl.jpg

Chevre Bruschetta
Cherry tomatoes, capers and minced garlic sauteed in olive oil until the tomatoes burst and form sort of a sauce.
Season with a little salt and pepper, crushed red pepper too if you like it spicy.
Place the goat cheese in a baking dish and place the tomato mixture around it.
Broil on high to get some color on the cheese, being careful not to burn it.
I picked up a couple loaves of Rosemary Parmesan bread, cut some slices, buttered and toasted them.
To serve spread cheese on toast and top with tomato mix and fresh basil.

QeoocQPl.jpg

85YuLsRl.jpg

afmAZZUl.jpg

The Grand Finale

op1YKSol.jpg

kREyqmol.jpg

Man...you know that I live equidistant (emphasis on DISTANT) from any North American seawater coast. I know that you know that...I might have a chance of matching you with that cut o' boef, but I don't even know how far away I can be from a fishery and have an expectation to find same-day seafood...

Allow me to be the first to say damn you, Chile!!

Back