event Primo pepper sponsors local pepper eating contest

IMG_1357.jpg

Saturday i will get to meet mr. Primeaux owner of Primo pepper seeds/food, himself. Planning on signing up for the ladder contest too. I hope he brings the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard that these contests that Troy gets involved with are pretty crazy.
I know I heard about this somewhere recently, is this in St. Martinville or somewhere?

But that last rule, seriously, I wonder what happened to make them include that one in. Do people really stuff like that in real life?

giphy.gif

That was fun. I chose to split the winners pot with a guy who was only competing because his daughter was a queen in the festival and she signed him up. He told me he was going to go pepper for pepper with me no matter how hot it got, just for his daughter.

Troy has made some killer strains of plants. His bbm and 7 pot were some of the later round equalizers. Unruly hotness aside, the peppers themselves were gorgeous looking. I look forward to growing his varieties soon.

-Eric

Agreed, although I didn't try the competition I hung around with Troy and his wife after.
Straight up good down to earth people that cant be beat.
Truly your nextdoor neighbor with a little spice in their garden
69f3f4dc12068458091de48d0ca837bd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Boarider said:
Agreed, although I didn't try the competition I hung around with Troy and his wife after.
Straight up good down to earth people that cant be beat.
Truly your nextdoor neighbor with a little spice in their garden
69f3f4dc12068458091de48d0ca837bd.jpg

Damn, missed ya.

And yes i agree. He and his wife are very down to earth. It was my first time every meeting them.

I would love to have a sliver of their plant knowledge.

Pretty safe to say you got the real thing when the man himself hands it to you.
Also that one you thought was a 7pot was his new Louisiana Creeper he is working on.
103e7e305255fcf9781f5640ed2da3f2.jpg

Reactorpwr said:
Nice. Thought it was his bbm mustard.

Yes but the last red one was the creeper. He wasn't letting those get out.

Hah. I will say this.. champagnes will be my go to place for jalapeños from here out. They were the spiciest ones i have ever eaten. Round 1 was hotter than 2 and 3.

Also check pm’s Boa

I should've went to check out the festival to see if it would be worth setting up as a vendor.

I was busy playing with some 7 Pot Primos making salt and dehydrating some.

I'll be making some BMM salt next picking. They're just starting to kick in.
100_2711.JPG

Here's last weekend at Sugar Mill pond market. Everything from pepper jelly, mirlitons, salsa, chow chow, candied jalapenos, jelly, preserves and soon to start adding more spicier items. This is my sisters gig she's been doing for 25+ years, I'm just here to grow peppers, be a guinea pig taste testing hot stuff and labor helping her set up or sell if she can't make a festival or market. 
41239133_1888503511446502_7394421357007601664_n.jpg

Jubnat said:
How was the creeper?
I wasn't in the contest, the OP was and I think the creeper was the last one they ate. Troy had extra after the contest that he was letting people eat, but not leave with any.

The event was small and nice, just weather came at the end.

Back