• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun Problem moving plants outdoors.

Howdy folks, long time no see!

I'm running into an issue with my outdoor transplants. I grew a bunch of peppers indoors, and decided to move some outside to get them in containers to get a jump on the nice weather we've been having. I slowly hardened them off in shade, then partial shade, then sun. However, they seem to have become stunted with very little to no growth at all.

Meanwhile my indoor plants are thriving, green, and growing big new leaves. I'd say it's been 2-3 weeks since I've moved them outside but I am just having zero luck with getting them to grow at all. The smallest ones need water every other day or their tiny bodies die off. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Outdoor.jpg
    Outdoor.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Indoor.jpg
    Indoor.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 95
I would give them some shade for now. Give them a nice pot with some good soil, water them and let them acclimatize for a while in a shaded spot. Once they settled in their roots and start growing again, you can move 'm up to a more sunny spot.

I would give them some shade for now. Give them a nice pot with some good soil, water them and let them acclimatize for a while in a shaded spot. Once they settled in their roots and start growing again, you can move 'm up to a more sunny spot.
How long do you normally harden off your chilies before putting them out?

How long do you normally harden off your chilies before putting them out?
I think you did harden them off properly uv wise, but i think the problem lies in the rootmass and the ability to maintain their water management. If the rootmass is relatively small they are not able to handle the heat they receive in your climate. When you sow seeds out in the open the first root digs in realy deep, even before producing the first true leaves.

Back