• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Problem of the day 6/4

Any help with a cure along with identification of the problem is much appreciated as I am lost on these. I am in AZ. with trip digits and watering less realy is not an option because my soil drains a little to well and daily watering in needed to prevent wilt. I added fertz for the first time last night hoping to give them a lil boost but these things are hard to grow in the hot desert and I'm trying not to pamper them.

These are two problems to start, on my Red Savinas and I have the white mold on a Yellow Moruga also....

20120604_060844.jpg

20120604_060857.jpg

And this mold?

20120604_060945.jpg

20120604_061054.jpg

And here are a few of my plants at about 70 days from planting, do they look stunted or small?

20120604_061153.jpg

The top one looks more like an insect coccoon to me than mold. If you gently scrape it off, is there anything inside? Spider eggs, perhaps?

Of couse, my sense of scale could just be off in the picture.

They look fine (other than the white stuff on those 2) -- the hot weather is going to slow growth to an extent since the plants shut down to preserve water loss in the heat which is going to make them grow slower also in your area but figure even if they were larger you'd be losing the flowers due to the heat anyway for the most part during the summer - but you also have a much longer growing season and by the end you'll have stronger larger plants that will set lots of pods late in the season when the temps fall to the correct levels for them to develop.

Thanxs Wulf, turns out the first two pics are a piece of bird down that got wet and clung to the plant...whew

JD, that makes alot of sense any advice I can get on growing in these temps is welcome and thank you.

Armac shoud I shade my plants more? In these temps is shade better than direct sun?

Still need help with the white mold on the stalks. Thinking amputation but hate to lose the main stem at this point. Please help me identify the problem so I know how drastic to get without going to far.

Thanxs to all for the wisdom & advice....

No suggestions on the white stuff? I was informed on another site they could be white fly eggs but that seems wrong to me.

At this point I will take any opinion and research it from there, any suggestions?

Back